Jade Tiger familiar bonus.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Oct 11, 2016.

1. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

All of the original music plays in North Freeport too!
  2. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Please let us zone into the old Freeport zones with a popup choice, like you can with the Feerrot and the Feerrot, The Dream. I'm begging you.
    Mukkul, Thoxsel and Nniki like this.
  3. KermittheFroglok Augur

Does anyone know if there's a way to use the Tassel's Tavern teleport clickie to get a similar effect?

I just find it odd that it says "North Freeport" as the teleport the destination and that getting the clickie requires you to get Human Art Collector unlike the other heritage crate clickies.

If not, I guess I'm going to have to try getting the Jade Tiger next time appropriate crate is in the Marketplace.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. KermittheFroglok Augur

Like, I'm getting zoned there but then booted to East Freeport, which is no where near the clickie location.

[IMG]
  5. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Jade Tiger does not teleport to North Freeport immediately so we can infer:

• North Freeport may need to be spun up (not unlike instanced zones).
    Jade Tiger also boots you out of North Freeport after about 10-15 minutes. People have said that static West Freeport crashes for other people if someone is in North Freeport.
    Have you tried hanging the Tassel's Tavern painting and clicking from your house or guild hall?
  6. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Also, you may want to click the painting while inside West Freeport's Jade Tiger Inn. The Jade Tiger Inn is pass the gate to your right.
  7. Nniki Augur

This is the issue he's seeing:
  8. KermittheFroglok Augur

I tried that already. Today I tried again and loaded into North Freeport and even saw the wall of the tavern for about 3 or 4 seconds and then got booted to East Freeport. So the zone is loading, I'm just getting booted out.

I think Nniki is right that there's a check to make sure you have the familiar equipped or some flag you need to stay in the zone.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I have both the Jade Tiger and Tassel Tavern's painting. I can confirm that my character with the Jade Tiger is able to stay in North Freeport. (He still gets booted after about 10 minutes so owning the Jade Tiger to get back in will be advantageous). All other characters get booted immediately.

It looks like a fix is in on Test Server.
  10. Prathun Developer

The issue with the Tassel's Tavern Painting will be addressed in the June update.
    Nniki is correct about all the things.
    KermittheFroglok and Yinla like this.
  11. KermittheFroglok Augur

Hurray!
  12. JeffHanson Augur

So we need the familiar to have fun with this? It's no longer obtainable, correct?
  13. Zamiam Augur

the familiar works correctly as in zones you into North freeport once you go into the jade tiger pub in freeport with the jade tiger familiar .. as far as the painting goes im guessing it suppose to do the same thing but currently does not it only zones you into N freeport for few seconds then zones you back out .. the familiar the zone stays open for 10min roughly ..

afaik the familiar is not available to purchase in the marketplace cause it was with the big cats crates from awhile ago not sure if DPG is going to re-issue them or not at a later date , However there is an NPC in the EC tunnel that will do an exchange 10 for 1 you give said NPC 10 adoptable (still tradeable) familiars and the NPC will in return give you 1 random adoptable familiar .. the rate of exchange is kinda ridiculous if you ask me 10/1 but its an option .. a very long shot .. and I have not heard of anyone getting the jade tiger from said NPC but its suppose to be able to..
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

No, as stated by Zamiam.

The Tassel's Tavern Painting reward for the Human Art Collector achievement will provide a teleport to North Freeport (with this upcoming patch).

The problem with the painting is that it has a 20 hour recast or you need to run back to the painting in your house or guild hall. So there is some benefit to having the Jade Tiger where you can just walk into the Jade Tiger Inn to rezone.
  15. Zamiam Augur

so the NPC name in the EC tunnel is Lynea the pet collector she is near the soul binder .. her currency is adoption coins and she will buy adoptable pets(familiars) from you for 1 adoption coin each .. she then sells 1 random pet in a box for 10 adoption coins .. so you would need to sell her 10 adoptable pets (familiars) for just 1 random pet ..

with all the different types of adoptables that have come out over the last few years I would think that it would be almost impossible for someone to get a jade tiger familiar .. if someone has that kinda luck they better play some lotto numbers :p
  16. KermittheFroglok Augur

Not sure if it’s true or not since only the DEVs know the RNG but I’ve heard Lynea exchanges have higher rates for common things like cats and dogs. Does anyone know where any better stats on this are, has anyone tested/played with it?