Bonus Exp we can't use.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by bruenoreq2, Jun 13, 2020.

1. bruenoreq2 New Member

This is total BS. I've been in queue for over 4 1/2 hours waiting. What's the point of giving us this bonus experience when we can't even log on to play. I am so pissed right now. Then you wonder why people are leaving EQ. I work 13 hrs a day driving truck and just wanted to relaxe for a couple hours and fart around, and can't even do that.
    Umdebus likes this.
  2. JergensLivingston Journeyman

maybe its time to take your everquest playing to the next level.. grab hotspot and queue/play on the road.
    Ikar0s likes this.
  3. Koronu187 Elder

They should def extend the bonus exp, I just was in que for 4 hours and immediately got disconnected into another estimated 232 min que, which obviously i wont be able to play today at all. This is so bad its staggering.
  4. superman Augur

same here, queue is so long 1 disconnect and your out for the day, pretty much. its crazy
  5. Fabieli New Member

What I don't understand was....they knew the queues were long. Why would you make a serverwide exp bonus when most of your playerbase can't get in. Why not just give 5x 4hour 25% exp pots? At least those would survive on death/LD, and can be accessed when coming back in?

Incompetence and lack of forsight is a total understatement here.

I'm at 4 hours of queue time. Queued up at 1:30pm PST and it's now 5:47pm.

Screw DBG
  6. Fightmilk Lorekeeper

They have time to retweet a misspelled # about their expansion though.

99% positive the plan is to leave things EXACTLY as is until enough of us "normal" people just give up and when only 34 people are playing 1261 accounts at once, suddenly there aren't issues with Aradune anymore. Hopefully they string you along long enough for your sub to renew though so they can squeak 15 more buckaroos outta you until then though lol
    Rebelicious likes this.
  7. squidgod Augur

Ya'll knew what you were getting into with a fresh, non-truebox progression server. If you don't want a queue, play on a different server.
  8. Fightmilk Lorekeeper

I think the problem lies with being frustrated at getting: "We're sorry our servers haven't been able to handle the load. Here's an incentive that's bound to increase the server load in the meantime" as a response, and no one on the entire team seeing why it is a wildly ineffective and shortsighted solution.
  9. Maze Elder

Except Aradune is true box.
    Rebelicious likes this.
  10. Leoden New Member

No one knew what they were getting into, none of the other launches have been this bad.

You can't play on a different server because there isn't one. I would love to play on a different server if one was available. Last I checked there wasn't a classic server that was true box with a 2 box limit and GM support. Did I miss something? Did they open a new server?
    Rebelicious likes this.
  11. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

Are they really?
  12. moron_01 New Member

If you guys need help with sizing a server I'm over 2 years old, only 78% special yet can help you with your infrastructure. You see they have things called CPUs and cores, you in fact can have more than 1, which in turn enables higher performance. When you achieve this you can maybe get your chat servers to work while you let everyone in-game. There are several places where you can afford servers to rent until the queue is gone. Since you charge people $16/month and gouge them on items like bags you can surely afford it.
    https://lmgtfy.com/?q=cloud hosting providers&iie=1