Consider creating a second server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by kalei, Jun 12, 2020.

1. kalei New Member

It's not even 4pm est and que is over an hour long already. Do what P99 did with the Green and Teal servers and create a second server with the intention to merge them at a later date when population dwindles on each server. This server has been unplayable and you should consider reimbursing a month to anyone who planned to play on Aradune or at least make the 25% exp go on for a while. The regular work force(9-5 m-f etc) who are casual players can't even enjoy playing this server without having to sit in que for over an hour most days and by the time they log onto the game they have maybe 1-2 hours left to find a group or get a group to play. I would say upgrade your equipment for a game that's been out for 21 years, but even if you can't the solution has already been proven to work with P99 Green / Teal. Just open a 2nd server with intentions to merge back to Aradune when population dwindles and offer free transfers off of Aradune to said 2nd server.

Thanks,
    A casual player
    Dudeisbeast likes this.
  2. Nordgaren Elder

Daybreak says:

[IMG]
  3. Misaligned Augur

Yes you see but they would have to use their mice and their keyboards and they would have to click on some things and type some things and that's HARD. They are paid in your discontentment and in this currency they are not left wanting.
  4. Sikkun Augur

By looking at dev posts seems they are still solving issues from the last server merger.
  5. Guy On The Couch New Member

In the words of Michael Jackson.."they dont really care about us"
  6. Bolten_DA Augur

Yea, making raids has been pretty rough. First night of ques took Two hours to get in. Second night took 2 1/2 hours. Both days I just made the first kills of the night. Pretty frustrating for sure
  7. Relentless Insomnia

I asked both Dreamweaver and Prathun about the possibility of a second server seeing as this one is almost unplayable at times. There is precedent for it Fippy/Vulak, Ragefire/Lockjaw ETC.

They hardly seemed aware how bad things are on Aradune for the players (to be fair this was last week), and the best I got was a code update that is being worked on and coming in the June update may make things better. It was a hard no on a second server. This si what you guys waited for all these months, now eat it.

Rizlona is not an equal to Aradune so don't even start down that road with me, Rizlona is the result of an insider at Daybreak inviting her TLP friends to a private conversation with her Executive Producer to whisper in here ear about how cool a boxer server would be so they could all use cheats freely. its a joke, and finally direct proof that the overwhelming majority of players do not want that.
  8. JergensLivingston Journeyman

Toxic Few #10 guild on Aradune
    Ikar0s and Boze like this.
  9. Dranix Augur

Poor Mabbu upset hes not important enough to talk to Holly.

Must be pretty bored not raiding open world to rage on the forums like this. Conduct unbecoming a gentlemen sir.

Signed,

Dranix - Number 1 sk on Tunare in 2001 but only if you dont count the other better sks.
    Dudeisbeast and yepmetoo like this.
  10. kalei New Member

Not even noon est and there's already a 30 min que, stop being lazy and create a second server zzzzzzzzz
    bonzojon and Dudeisbeast like this.
  11. bonzojon New Member

Seriously, 11:15am EST and there is a 15 min queue, then after 10 minutes of game play a crash, so now a 25 min additional queue.

If p1999 could handle a launch additional server, and later merge, you can too. Maybe go ask Rogaen for help.

Stop being a greedy, lazy company.
  12. jmsgalla Journeyman

12:45 eastern and ~1 hour queue
  13. Healiez Augur

The server is to old tbh.

Im not 100% sure how many people would be willing to give up the last 2 weeks they have gotten to work on their character for a new server now.

It would decrease the queue a bit, but I bet Aradune would still have a hefty queue from people who already leveled quite a bit and dont want to forfeit that time.

The create a second server crowd would be replaced with "There is still a queue, everyone under level XX should be forced to move to the new server" crowd.

and

Lock character creation on Aradune!
    jeskola likes this.
  14. jeskola pheerie

This. A new server means a new set of things to whine about, like how barely anyone moved once the queue went away and the new server is dead.
  15. Bolten_DA Augur

I personally think that there would be more people than you think. Enough at least to kill the que.

Krono farmers currently on Aradune may come,
    end game OW guilds that cant complete on Aradune,
    people that couldn't get on and feel behind might want to start fresh
    casuals that want to level up with friends.
    some people that missed the boat on launch

These are just a few examples of an appeal to certain player bases that could come to the new server. Merge the servers later if needed, but another server seems to be the the only solution. The longer this continues the less of a solution it becomes. Its been two weeks without any improvement. How many more subs will be lost by delaying a slam dunk decision. The second server at worst would turn into a ghost town around GoD but lets be honest most TLPS are done after a new progression server launches.
  16. Healiez Augur

You for sure will get the krono farmers, but they will still also play on Aradune, so its a wash.

Unless they offer transfers (which I doubt) the end game guilds wont come, just to level up again

You will get a Good chunk of the feels behind and wants to start on even footing crowd.

I am fairly certain, as I have seen it happen many times, that opening a new server now will result in.

Aradune will still have a nasty queue
    ServerB will be a ghost town.
  17. Bardsong29 New Member

If you want them to do a better job stop giving them all your money upfront.

Everyone who buys a $40 pay-to-win pack before the server launches deserves just as much blame as Daybreak. What you are purchasing is completely unnecessary and allows Daybreak to chase off it's player base.

At this point it is cost-effective to let these people quit rather than paying to open up a second server. These players aren't going to buy another $40 bag. At the most they will consume one Krono per month.

If you homers would wait until you are happy with the service and then purchase your pay-to-win afterwards it would force Daybreak to consider providing a good service and retain it's player base.

Anecdotally my friend played EQ with me for the first time ever this year. I don't know where he got the idea but he also bought a $40 pack and he is broke IRL. I was extremely disappointed and would have convinced him to avoid it, asking him to "play the game it was meant to be played" while saving money and not supporting Daybreak until after services were rendered.

Unfortunately there must be a lot of bad information out there on ttv and ytube. He found someone he trusted and they gave him (and a lot of you) extremely bad advice.