I need suggestions on where to hunt in late 60s.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by SleezerGeezer, Jun 11, 2020.

1. SleezerGeezer Elder

My preference is to group, but that's become even more difficult after Aradune opened. My character is a level 67 Mage, only moderately equipped. He does have a pet focus earring that he got from a Blackfeather Roost zone, a zone he did well in, but now the quest line has taken me to the Steppes, which is kicking my teeth in. I realize that one of my problems is low AA, and I am only now investing in them, but I really need some suggestions on where to hunt. Would Dragonscale be a better choice?

Thanks
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

DSH is a great choice, there are quite a few good quests there, and some pretty good XP, though I was higher than 67 when I was there, so not sure how it would be for you. But worth a try.

Just looking at level caps for expacs, OoW would be a good place to look for a level 67. A complete list:

Level 65 cap expacs: PoP, LoY, LDoN (scales, but mission based, not good for solo/molo), GoD (was never popular)
    Level 70 cap expacs: OoW, DoN (mission based, so not good for solo/molo), DoD, PoR. Of those, I like OoW the best.

SoF raised the cap to 80, so Dragonscale may be a bit much at 67.

If OoW is too much, there are some great spots in LoY. Some good XP to be had.
  3. kookoo Augur

your pet is your tank ( like real player tank he will need some aa's into tanking ability to survive better , if he can tank you can kill ).
    did you check almarsguides leveling ? there are some good info's to where to kill :
    https://www.almarsguides.com/eq/leveling/ .

don't know what pet focus you got , but there is a npc in pok ( not far from loyalist npc )who sell some pet EM focus , up to level 80 i think.
  4. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

The Hole ... back of zone castle area. At your level you can tear things up with no merc, make a ton of money on gem drops and grind out alot of AA. I maxed out AA to 70 on a few different characters there and made a fortune doing it.
    Hole are Antonica mobs which hit less hard and have fewer hps and the Hole has, or used to have, one of the best zone XP modifiers in game.
    yepmetoo and lockjaws like this.
  5. Cydonia Elder

I seem to recall PoF being a go to solo spot at the giants camps. It has a good ZEM if I remember right. And with defiant gear, I do believe you’re the evilvalent of being time geared or better by that level should it should be easy enough.
  6. lockjaws Augur

I came to post about The Hole, but it was already mentioned. Drop down the moment you zone into Paineel, you'll fall into the lake, get out, turn left, open the rock door, get mobbed by 2 3-minute-respawn gargoyles that are level 55ish.

Either stay there and kill those on repeat, or crawl up the path to the castle and take out erudite ghosts / gargs / skeletons / golems / etc.
  7. Jalelorf Augur

In your late 60's? Move to Florida.
    Creedmonk, Xenorius9 and Tatanka like this.
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

PoHate southwest/southern section. Tons of static 61-64 mobs and never used.
  9. Febb Augur

CVS or Walgreens is a good place to go when you are in your 60's. They sell plenty of pepto and some walkers if you need them