Life after level 50

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Fightmilk, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Fightmilk Lorekeeper

Hey guys: What is there to do after you hit level 50? Every decent camp is either already taken, or botted to hell and back. What am I supposed to do now besides sit in the queue to log in and scratch my head when I finally make it in?
  2. Dyzalot Augur

Start an alt, raid with your guild, tradeskill, do some questing, play tunnel trader, get groups at good cash camps to amass as many Kronos as you can or you can quit and delete like Zaid did as if you've "won" EQ.
  3. Malachi Augur

I feel like you already know the answer to your question
    Protagonist likes this.
  4. Tierdal Augur

FIGHT MILK Caaaawwwww
  5. Sennik Jevest Elder

I recommend popping instances if your guild isn't staking claim on ALL of your lockouts every week. I think that is currently the most fun way to play EQ on Aradune right now. Take a group of 6 of your buds and pop a solb instance and kill everything you're able to.

I did it on Sunday and we got a decent int caster neck off the Kobold Noble and we got a Djarn's ring off Freeti and a Rokyl Scepter from Magus. It was a really good time. I brought some younger guildies in to do it with (33+) and they got at least 1 level a piece.

All in all it was a fantastic experience. If you're interested in something like this we're doing it in <Vets of Norrath>!

Cheers and happy hunting!
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Depends on your class.

Pre-farm epic pieces that you can obtain in classic
    Take some friends or some guildies and go clear the trash in hate/fear for class armor (if your guild isn't using it's AoCs you can also pop those to farm them in a more relaxed environment)
    Roll an alt
    Farm krono
    Level tradeskills
    Do some obscure dumb long class quest just for funsies (see: Monk Paladin Rogue Caster Two-Handed weapon users )
    Do hunter achievements
    Max slayer achievements possible in classic
    Go help the low levels level
    RP on Orc Hill
    Figure out exactly how the King Xorbb spawn mechanic works
    Have 3 Pyzjn be up all simultaneously.
    Mithra, Arog, Lionari and 1 other person like this.
  7. Creedmonk Augur

Farming up a lot of your epic pieces now since a ton of them are usually available would be smart.
  8. Crazzie Lorekeeper

Just roll a cleric, and be social. You will then see how many times your needed.
  9. Bewts Augur

Well... most people raid to get gear that helps move through Kunark faster/easier.

And in some cases, they pre-farm epic drops where possible or specific items that may last for more than one expansion. IE pre-nerf CoS for insta click invis.

Others may start a Tradeskill as they get fairly lucrative (Luclin/PoP) or are necessary (Luclin bane weapons). Heck, dumping plat into JC in classic is even viable if you can maintain an inventory of diamonds / blue diamonds to sell resist gear sets.

Others will farm drops that everyone wants but don’t want to farm themselves like JBoots , GEBS or other items with longer lived focus utility; normally ya try to sell them for Krono.

And the really interesting one is to play the Krono market game of buying low and selling high. It’s normally a timing question to rake in profits, but being able to store away Krono can also help getting epic in Kunark should you find yourself struggling to get items that can be .
  10. Rothj Augur

Here's my legit answer - find a raid guild that raids 3 nights a week, do that, chill and farm plat off days, play alts, play another game between raids.
  11. Kiaro Augur

What I'm doing - ding 50 on my druid box, then Plvl another druid on the main account, then use those 2 to plvl every other class to 50 on both accounts. This way, I won't have to make my mind up about what main I wanna play until Luclin! (Because forget grinding AAs on 26 characters)

Cmon now.
  12. Iyacc Augur

Farm plat, like lots of it. Buy the items you can't get by camping. Use leftover plat to buy as many Krono as you can and pay Kiaro to PL your alts. He's gonna have two druids!

Even though plat prices are climbing fast on Aradune, they'll be exponentially more expensive in Luclin/PoP. Gobble up as many as you can now, then you can play for free for years or just throw them at people in exchange for loot you want that you don't want to fight others for.

Many people won't agree with me but there's no crime in buying or selling krono. In the old days we had a year in each expansion so everyone could camp their own gear if they wanted to. Yes, tunnelquest was a thing and the market was active but you didn't have the insane rush that you get on TLPs. Now we're in such a hurry that the ones who rushed to 50 can farm items and make a mint selling to all of us who don't have the patience to wait later into the three months of ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ that classic becomes.
  13. Sikkun Augur

I thought everyone batphoned 24/7.
  14. Kiaro Augur

Still more exciting than playing a cleric!
    Iyacc likes this.
  15. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Reroll on Aradune because you apparently picked Rizlona aka the wrong server
  16. Thygrym Elder

Power level my toon before my sub time runs out.
  17. Trey Elder

You do nothing. Most raiding guild already have a roster. So, you'll sit and do nothing hoping people quit playing so you can have their spot. That's it basically.
  18. Reiker99 Lorekeeper

Gotta use your brain a lil. The very first camp you check isn't guaranteed to be open. Instead of going to the forum to complain stop and think for a second. Is it camped in every pick? Is a new pick about to open? If so get ready to race to the camp in the new pick. Is it omega camped? Go check on some of the other camps that people don't do that often but drop gear that you can trade for a few krono and then use that to buy the item from the dude who was camping your item.

Is all of that too hard? Go sit on seafury island for a few days until you can buy the item you want. Or make friends and one group PoHate or something. Idk man this game has tons of content tbh.