How do i fix or create a new log

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by quseio, Jun 10, 2020.

1. quseio Augur

so i am useing a parser to figure out what i need for flags for pop but, it wasnt changeing and i went and deleted the log file but now it wont make the log file, how do i fix this or delete all old logs if it happens again
  2. quseio Augur

ok i managed to fix this but now my logs arent changeing how do i delete the old logs/so they dont screw up the old
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Rename the file.

I just put a ## on the end of the file name.
  4. Zamiam Augur

change the file name EQlog_zam_bertox to EQlog_zamold_bertox ..
    or just cut/paste it into another directory for saved files and a new one should repopulate
    A new log with the correct character name will take its place you might have to do /log on again for it to take affect
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I just move mine to a sub folder, it then automatically creates a new one the next time I log in.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

One more possible answer. OP stated "it wasn't changing", which I think means the old log he had in place wasn't logging current sessions to begin with. So, moving it (to create a new log file) wouldn't help, it still wouldn't log new sessions.

The answer to that one is, for OLD installs of EQ, where it put the files under Windows/Program Files, it won't log (or save layout files, etc) unless you kick it off with a right click and select "Run as Administrator". New installs of EQ are put elsewhere, so this isn't needed.

Perhaps this is the issue the OP is seeing?