Things that are in NEED of fixing right now.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, May 29, 2020.

1. Chopin.Xegony Augur

I mean there is the super annoying quick time bug that has been occurring since January that really needs to be fixed.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

They're cool with it. A guild I mostly respect on my server almost had a member to almost de-level because I was kind enough to send rez's for the poor dead person. They accepted rez. Died, over and over. Very automated.
    Nothing done about it.
    Guild in question continues to raid with the person.
    W
    ould be nice if darkpaw would get rid of cheaters. (Would also be nice if guild leaders would get rid of cheaters)
  3. Bigstomp Augur

And before anyone jumps in on the fact I cast resurrection I cannot see how casting that is possibly griefing. An actual character at the keyboard can choose to accept or not accept.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Griefing would have been casting a 0% rez over and over. :D
    Nennius likes this.
  5. Laronk Augur

It's still not really griefing.

Though its funny to troll people with it on raids because they don't pay attention.
  6. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

if you feel the need to preemptively defend yourself against something, it means you already know it's wrong but you don't care. jus' sayin'.
    code-zero likes this.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

Nah. I am more than happy to rez poor dead adventurers. They probably ran into something they could not handle.
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

True, NPC's don't have feelings, harassing NPC's is not against the rules afaik. nothing to apologize for...
    If DBG wanted you to stop, they would give you a faction-hit...

(Yes, the NPC definition applies!) :p

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-player_character
    A non-player character (NPC) is any character in a game which is not controlled by a player.[1] The term originated in traditional tabletop role-playing games, where it applies to characters controlled by the gamemaster or referee, rather than another player. In video games, this usually means a character controlled by the computer via algorithmic, predetermined or responsive behavior, but not necessarily true artificial intelligence.
    svann likes this.
  9. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

HP of non named in TOV needs cut by 75%
  10. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

lol. all but the giants die in <30sec already, what you want zerkers to be 1shotting everything now?
  11. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

They dont die in 30 sec to 110-111 ish group geared casuals trying to levels and "git gud." Perhaps you are advocating that "git gud" means paying your local ST MQer to PL you? Those btw are always affiliated with the end game guilds, no matter what server. I can tell exactly who and what guild on FV though :)
  12. Celephane Augur

Always is a pretty strong word and this statement is absolutely untrue. When we even find the crappy ones in our guild we remove them. Almost all of them I see on Bristlebane are in their own guilds, which makes it really easy to identify them.
  13. kiwi New Member

on firiona vie , at drendar blackblade area is a player who is chain killing non stop ( and very fast killing with his army ) since weeks ........... he don't even have to place the mobs to kill , his toons move all at same time behind the mobs to kill .
  14. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

what i'm advocating is that reducing mobs hp by 75% would literally result in even a group geared berserker 1 shotting mobs with dissident... which is one of the dumbest ideas I've heard in a long time.
  15. pulvarien2 New Member

Icons on hotbuttons, right now if u right click and hold on a button slot a menu comes up and one choice is add an icon. Eq now offers u 1000 or more icon choices it seems wonderful. BUTTT these tiny icons are mostly just blurry and also make the name on the icon blurry hard to read etc. What is needed are 1 color solid icons where the name on the icon ie Heal stands out clearly not as a smudge covering smudges. We are given over 1000 pretty cute icons of USELESSNESS when we need a dozen solid dark icons ie red black green etc where titles stand out. So for ex all of a clerics important heal icons can be color coordinated green for ex or a melees attack red or critical icons black or ….

Yes this isn't critical but oh what a simple improvement option to quality of life it would be. Almost no effort for darkpaw but for me at least a simple almost effortless upgrade to the games options.
    Coagagin likes this.
  16. Triconix Augur

What's wrong with rezzing a "person"? That "person" accepted the rezz. It's their own fault if the rezz wasn't the one they wanted. It's also wrong to cheat and use automation programs to play the game for you. I don't see you speaking ill toward the cheater, only the person who kindly resurrected the cheater.

That "person" should also be kicked out of the guild. jus' sayin'
    Nennius, Yinla and enclee like this.
  17. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

I didn't say anything one way or the other about the cheater.... because I wasn't talking to the cheater... in any case, intentionally and *repeatedly* rezing someone into a death cycle IS griefing (regardless of if they're cheating or not... regardless of if they "deserve it" or not). another way to put it is that it IS harassment... which is against the rules of conduct just like unattended play is (https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/230629007-Everquest-Rules-of-Conduct). there's a system in place for reporting unattended play, and just because you don't like the results you personally get using said system does not give you the right to harass another player character.

in any case, my statement stands... if you feel the need to preemptively defend yourself, it just shows that you already know what you're doing is wrong and you want to be or think you are the exception to the rule.
  18. enclee Augur

No way that's harassment. It's the same as adjusting your price in the bazaar and watching the scripts go to work.
  19. Jumbur Improved Familiar

DPG also states that using /follow is at your own risk.. Whatever the player's character does(or doesn't) is the players responsibility, no matter how stupid the character acts, or what circumstances there are(bugs not withstanding...).

Nothing is stopping the player from making a choice with a less lethal outcome for his character. We call the "process of making wise choices for your character" for "playing", and the cheater should totally try it out, it is great fun! :cool:

How can we know he is not simply "roleplaying" a stupid character, and that we shouldn't just play along?
    I bet most players' characters act really stupid several times a week, where the character dies repeatedly to the same thing again and again. In my guild, we call that "raiding"...:p
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  20. Donaskz New Member

Try copying the contents of uifiles/classic_spell_icons into default, or whatever folder your custom UI is in, and those icons are much better. Heals are big red hearts, easy to see.