Well this is shocking

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kenshin11, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Kenshin11 Journeyman

2. KimchiGoddess Augur

It's 5:30am EDT, 2:30am PDT. This is right in the middle of the playtime window they said had lower server demand .... not shocking at all.
    Elsewhere likes this.
  3. Gynek Lorekeeper

I have noticed the population has died down a lot, it's pretty disappointing honestly.
  4. Karanthal Augur

Those racing to lvl50 are there already now and in classic there's not really any reason to login other than the 2-3 raid nights a week.

Mangler has LDoN "progress", AAs and tradeskills for quests to work on that keep people logging in and playing. GoD is pretty close now so people are banking those 130AAs ready.
  5. brickz Augur

Aradune is auto kicking AFKs, did they enable that for mangler?
  6. KimchiGoddess Augur

I sat AFK in the buff pile all the time without being kicked, have even gone to bed and woken up fully buffed and still online.

Also, do offline traders count as part of the population at all?
  7. Thrawnseg Augur

There were 5 Antonica channels last night at 8pm. They hold 1k people each. It's not died down.
  8. Arrk Augur

Offline traders.... same reason FV is always high...
  9. jeskola pheerie

Again this new mentality of "ZOMG Server isn't overcrowded to the gills with 1000 RMTers to sell me my loot, server ded!". Its sad, really. EQ was never meant to to be an overcrowded mess with 30 guilds per server.

Also, on the subject or early server launch rush attrition, EQ is so much more than the launch rush, but lots seem to only want to stick around to get to 50 and bail or just come over from their home server to make krono and bail.
  10. squidgod Augur

They hold 400 people each.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I would think many got to 50 & figure they are okay to wait until Kunark now perhaps, so this isn't oddball at all.
  12. Arrk Augur

Was 8 general channels ... 7 full and 8 had like 140 people.... so that is almost 3000 people... and doesnt include people who dropped general channels...
  13. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

It's almost like the server doesn't have tons of bots on it that don't sleep like normal human beings.