Coirnav: potions and spell research still not working right

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Menaan, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Menaan New Member

Potions and Spell research on coirnav have been working incorrectly for a couple of expansions now on coirnav. The potion vendor and crafting of potions higher than 65 should have been available multiple expansions ago. Neither are there, the drops for the 70 / 75 potions aren't even dropping in the zones they are supposed to be dropping in. You can easily find posts from the time when these expansions were the newest expansion to eq showing this stuff is supposed to be available now not later.

There is a similar problem with spell research. The combines say they aren't available yet, when they should be.

These two things really need to be fixed. Being stuck with level 65 potions still at 75 is really annoying.
    Tarvas and Tweakfour17 like this.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Which research combines are not available but should be? I'd love to see them allow researching in era spells again since the papers to craft spells are rare enough and would give a bit more flexibility than terrible rng trying to farm the specific rk 2 you are looking for.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Spell research is at least 1 expansion behind when the spells were released, I know there was some expansions where no new recipes were created, so some are even further behind. The last expansion with spells that can be done by research is either VOA or RoF, but I cannot remember which expansion the spells became researchable I'm pretty sure they weren't researchable in era, not like the original research caster spells.

IMHO spell research went down hill when they opened it up to all classes.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-january-18-2017.237833/
    - Many Spell Research recipes are now restricted to an expansion at least three expansions after the spell itself is available.

More than 1 expac behind. Really though, why can't we make spells in era? The papers are rare as it is and the skill is tedious and expensive to level. At least when a Sooty Fine Runic Paper drops I can make the spell I'm looking for instead of praying for that sub 1% RNG to be the spell for my class and one I don't have already.
    Not really a bug, but can we please revisit the 3 expac rule? At least make research viable TSS+ again if you don't want to mess with the runes/quest arcs of GoD->PoR
  5. Menaan New Member

I'm more concerned with the lack of potions and potion vendor personally than spell research, however afaik spell research hasn't worked for any researchable spells since POP and we just started TSS.

And you can easily find posts dated for expansions prior to TSS in the original releases that shows the potion vendor and such was up prior to TSS.
    Tarvas likes this.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

I agree, potion vendors or alchemy mats would be very welcome as well. The Celestial X pots just arent the same at 75 lol. Spell research also needs to be fixed.
    Tarvas likes this.