Did you try turning it off and on again?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Grimvalor, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Grimvalor New Member

Dunno, just checking...
    Mashef likes this.
  2. Adagia New Member

My thoughts too. Is it time to restart the servers? Based on the symptom of the zone times getting progressively worse as time goes by, I wouldn't be surprised if a server restart didn't result in a short term fix, till it needs to be done again.
  3. Weebles101 Journeyman

Nah you gotta take out the cartridge and blow in it.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

It's pretty unusual for a new server to not crash for 11 days straight. Honestly do think they should reboot it at like 7am PST or something as I've never seen lag like this that persists for days on a fresh TLP launch.
  5. Zansobar Augur

They need to clear their web browser cache that fixes everything.
  6. Loze Elder

No, this clearly requires a reformat and reinstall. Don't forget to fdisk /mbr
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Dry out the distributor cap.
    Adagia likes this.
  8. Sikkun Augur

I’m a little impressed it’s gotten so unstable without crashing though.
  9. Orzulth Journeyman

Not the servers, but the company. Obviously they don't care. They need to sell the game to a company that will at least keep it operational instead of this festering pile of *expletive deleted*
  10. Jezzie Augur

Is this the problem?
    [IMG]
    Indar likes this.
  11. iamjignturjfnruy New Member

fdisk clean disk then format

or bootrec.exe /fixmbr - /fixboot
  12. Name2 Augur

I wonder how attractive EQ is as a franchise to prospective buyers. I wonder if these weird spikes in sales are attractive to investors, or if investors are looking for more long term consistency as far as revenue goes. To me, buying EQ is like buying a house for the land it sits on.
  13. ZzznakeDoctur Journeyman

Impossible to say as we don't have info on sub numbers, in-game purchases, etc etc etc.

I'd imagine it is NOT a very attractive proposition - the game is very old and, most likely, is nearing its EOL cycle. My understanding is that the TLPs are basically the only thing keeping the lights on at this point.