Does darkpaw game endorse exploiting game mechanics to kill raid mobs?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zeus, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Zeus Journeyman

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/639190598

--- Just curious if this is a consistent policy to kill raid mobs exploiting game mechanics that would otherwise not allow a raid to continue.

If so please let me know in this post so I can adjust my game play accordingly.....
  2. Hinastorm86 Augur

I'd suggest linking the correct part of the video, it's an 11 hour video bud.

Or you can just tell us what you think is an exploit and we can agree or correct you.
  3. Weebles101 Journeyman

Yeah let me click through an 11 hour video to see what you are talking about.
  4. Zeus Journeyman

00:50:45
  5. error Augur

Pets attacking through walls? It's been like that since 1999... Eventually they start rooting a lot of the bosses in place so you can't pull them to a more advantageous position.
  6. Weebles101 Journeyman

Yeah literally every guild does it that way.
  7. Laronk Augur

Nah, that's just classic game mechanics. There's tons of different things that they could do to make that encounter different (and better) but then it wouldn't be "classic". Heck they could just fix it so pets couldn't hit things thru wall like that. Generally if someone still has to tank the raid mob it's probably fine.
  8. The Greatest Beaver Journeyman

Looks like their are a few people in the thread that have no idea whats going on pointing out the pets hitting through the wall.

That's not the exploit, what they are doing is using the MT to hold aggro and line of sighting Naggy, if the maintank is out of LOS, NAGGY WILL NOT CAST. So if your MT can be out of LOS and hold aggro naggy wont cast, FEAR or AOE.
    ajschliewe likes this.
  9. Zeus Journeyman

10. error Augur

He posts an 11 hour video and then points to a timestamp where all they're talking about is the pets attacking through the wall. Maybe the OP should be a little more explicit about what he's referencing.
  11. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

It's been a thing for over a decade.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

That's what they said about emp... and aten... and... lev in plane of fire???
  13. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

Lets get it fixed! =)
  14. taliefer Augur

Ironically enough..thats exactly what Vicious said in Teamspeak when we started doing it in open world.

and, well, yea. you can see the results~
  15. Laronk Augur

Well all they have to do is permaroot naggy and change how his ae works if they wanted to.If they're going to go that far they should give him directional ae's and emotes make him summon waves of goblins and giants.

Man they could turn naggy into a real event =)
  16. Laronk Augur

Oh to the subject at hand, generally even if you're avoiding mechanics you don't have to worry about a ban or suspension provided you're not getting something extra like no lockout or getting extra loot or something of the sort.
  17. TheChosenOne Augur

18. Bewts Augur

I really don’t see the problem considering ANY guild can get an instanced version of these dragons now...

It’s not like they’re exploiting the ONLY available version of mob and denying everyone else a chance to kill it legitimately...
  19. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Yes, they should probably AE when their current threat target is not in LoS. Do the devs care enough to fix it, find out next mid-month patch!
  20. GNOME_POWER Augur

Making Ogre angry will just make the situation worse.
    Grey con mob summon may change to Death Touch.