Bug ? Icebound Avatar - All Credit to Rallos

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bederper, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Bederper Journeyman

The last 3 times I've attempted to get this achievement out of the mission, the spectators aren't being affected when "The Avatar of Rallos Zek strikes out in rage, cutting everything and everyone near him". The mob is right infront of the Avatar at low health < 25% and is unaffected. Even when I put everything in a holding pattern for another Rage, the mob is still immune. Some mobs are and some mobs aren't, its invariably 1 or 2 spectators each attempt that don't take dmg from the Avatar's AE

Is this a bug? or intended mechanic? or am I just unlucky.

Seriously, getting the tom-tips with this one
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Not had any problems. Saw alts get the achievement on 3 separate occasion in guild the last week, including 2 nights ago, so obviously working.
  3. Duder Augur

Just did it last night, had no problems. After 3 duck calls the 4th emote is the one that does the dmg to the adds. 3 duck, ae, 3 duck, ae, etc
  4. Bederper Journeyman

To be clear, I've got this achievement on 12 characters already. I had the same behviour when I was doing it for them as well.

I am just tying to get it for some guildies. I know that it works - its just massively frustrating and fiddly holding the Avatar at 63% (with a cone) and spectator at 9% and waiting 2.5 minutes for next Rage only for the mob not to be cut-down.

what i am looking for is someone to say, its a conal , frontal, its proximity ... make sure the avatar is facing this way or is positioned like so etc

Just lookin' for a lil help, coz i haven't been able to Rubik's Cube this out.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

Make sure you're looking at a spectator and not a sword...those don't work for the achievement.
  6. svann Augur

Ive never seen it not work. I could only guess that there might be extreme lag causing you to think they were in it when they werent, or maybe did you have the adds stun locked at that moment? I dont even know if those giants can be stunned but I have seen odd behavior from other mobs when they are stunned.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

Never had a problem.

Are you sure they're close enough?
    Your original description kinda sounds like you're using more than one tank?
  8. Bederper Journeyman

Bigstomp,

1 tank (war), cleric, shaman, monk, wiz and enchanter.

MT judiciously damages avatar, adds pops, and he acquires aggro on all. nothing is offtanked. axes die first. dps on spectators to <25%ish, revert to attention to avatar until next % add.

I hate being Robinson Crusoe on stuff like this.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

I do know that I've seen strange things happen with the emotes from AoW. I've seen it happen a couple of times where he calls for someone to kneel, immediately does his rampage emote, never gives the all clear for the toon he said should kneel, and calls for another person to kneel.

It can screw up achievements.
  10. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

This I can confirm has happened to us as well but I haven't seen him not damaging things around him when he does his Rage swing.

The only thing I can recommend on him not damaging them is make sure the add is close enough. I've never had an issue from any direction that Avatar is facing so I don't think its conal or frontal but I can confirm that its distance based. Mob is too far away you'll miss it and its back to waiting. Super frustrating if you're main healing like I am and you were ready for 1 to 2 mobs to be taken off the board and now you have to wait.
  11. Fian Augur

One other possibility might be z axis. If you fight him on a ramp, conceivably his AE might not hit those above/below him.
  12. Petalonyx Augur

Agree it is most like range issue. If you are face tanking avatar and you have adds at your back, that's probably too far for avatar to hit them. His aoe range is quite small.

I just ran this again now and had no issues. I use paladin push stuns to get adds into range, essentially on avatar feet.
  13. Filterx New Member

Ok I have had this happen twice. I've done the achievement multiple times. We just tried to do this last week and failed it twice. The only thing I saw was the giant had to be closer to the Avatar in order to get the rage to hit it. The war was tanking the giant and it was side by side with some separation and it missed the rage so we had to go for another 3 or so minutes to get it deadeded. The war press attacked or grappled them so they were nearly on top of each other. This seemed to work.

Nothing had to do with z axis, just get them really close to each other. This has been my experience the last week trying to do this achievement.

I hope this helps you.
  14. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

did this chieve a few minutes ago, no issues. back into a corner so they all come at you together and it's easy to keep them in range.
  15. Schadenfreude Augur

Had this happen a few times and the theory was the AoE didn't land when any part of the Avatar was inside a wall.
    Moege likes this.
  16. Bederper Journeyman

Schadenfraude,

That could definitely be something, because I normally tank him right where he's spawned, so he could get a little 'in the wall'
  17. Bigstomp Augur

That just seems to work for me. I don't have any advice. I have no idea what I may be doing differently that works. That group make up sounds pretty similar to most groups I have been in for it (swap a dps here or there, but nothing major).
  18. Bigstomp Augur

Humm, we usually tank him in the group mission to the west of where he spawns. With the dps mostly behind or in the hall way. (makes it easier to pick up the adds as they spawn if the tank is between them and most of the group).
  19. Nniki Augur

I've always fought him right where he's spawned without any issue. Although, the groups I've been in haven't pushed him into the wall or out of that initial spot.
  20. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Wait a sec, can I kill all the swords/axes and still get the achievement, as long as the spectators are cut down by Rallos??