rizlona his always high population.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by jeydiejones, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Healiez Augur

This is probably for a few reasons.
    1. Boxers are typically able to farm their own gear, much less need to purchase it all.
    2. I would bet that 90% of the RMT farmers that perma farm camps and try to cash in on new servers are on ardune, mostly for the above reason. Way easier to sell items to solo players who cant necessarily farm everything they need on their own.
    3. ties in with 1. when something drops, odds are someone on the players box team can use it, therefor a lot less dead items going around. Especially when they hold all the spots in the group. There isnt clerics winning FBSS;s that they then need to sell for gear etc. ( I am not saying a cleric winning and FBSS to sell for gear is bad)

I would hardly argue the EC tunnel being less crowded means the server has issues, in fact, I could argue the opposite.

That does make it more difficult for a solo player to gear up, especially one that primarily has to use the EC tunnel to do it. But I imagine it wont be dead for long and after everyone finishes the exp grind or wants to take a break from it they might start selling things.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

How dare you use Ronzark's classic insult? Or are you...
  3. Minpire Augur

Inflated Numbers due to box accounts? hmmmm :eek:
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No it did not. It stayed low the entire time. The "screenshot" of the server with high population was photoshopped.
    jeskola and Jhenna_BB like this.
  5. Eilad Lorekeeper

i wonder what GEB or Mithril vambrace is worth on Aradune?
    it was 1kpp yesterday on Rizlona
    dead server... no kronolords
  6. Healiez Augur

They are going to be cheaper on that server for 2 reasons.

1) Box teams can just go and farm them themselves
    2) Im guessing all the RMT box teams that hoard krono are on Aradune.

I would be willing to argue Rizlonas economy being slow and cheaper a sign of a healthy server. Time will tell.
  7. jeskola pheerie

There is a reason no one can log onto Aradune. Here is the routine many players take these days when a new TLP is released: they tell their current server/guild they will not be leaving, but will be on the new TLP server during classic to make a bunch of easy Krono. This mentality has spread over the years and become fairly common, resulting in a server so clogged with people trying to TunnelQuest whose home server is elsewhere that no one can log in and actually play.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

Duh
  9. Kittany Augur

I linked this in another thread, but this is my summery of Riz :D

10. Machen New Member

They sure look like they are having a good time!
    Kittany and Fraggly like this.
  11. Kahna04 Journeyman

I haven't bothered to check on the price of the boots on Aradune, mostly because it was so easy to find an open camp. My static group managed to get in the camp enough to gear us all out. All we saw there were real groups of other folks, and we didn't see the same group multiple nights in a row. Without the 6 boxers it is much harder for 1 person to hold the camp. Chanter/cleric duo can do it, but I haven't seen one so far, other than my guildies, and they are two separate people.

I have no doubt the kronolords are on Aradune, there is no profit for them on Rizlona, but they aren't being super disruptive. You really aren't seeing the big boxers around, and no one is locking down the higher camps that I can tell. I did see one adorable 6 boxer who was trying to look like a real group. Spaced his characters out, ran them from one camp to another one at a time. It was still pretty darn obvious.

I do think it is a bit silly to think that you are going to be able to keep gaining 6 krono a month on Rizlona. No one there needs to buy what you are selling, they can just go camp it themselves. Nor are they going to need the plat. Riz is definitely going to have more buyers than sellers of krono.
  12. Hinastorm86 Augur

The GM's are likely watching the highend camps closely. I'd be willing to bet there are plenty of people getting away with 3+ in lower end camps.

And of course once the GMs are gone, Ara will just be a basic "truebox" server aka tons of 6 boxers cheating.

And i'd like to correct a logicial fallacy I keep seeing about Riz, that you repeated. Saying "boxers can just go get gear, they don't need to buy anything" is like saying why do we go to the grocery when we can grow food.

I'm a 6 boxer on Riz, there is plenty of stuff I will want to buy, and plenty of stuff I will want to sell.
  13. Kahna04 Journeyman

Assuming the GMs do go away in 6 months, which they may or may not do.

I've also been around more than a few of the low end camps in the last several days. If there are cheating boxers, they are hiding very, very well. I have seen a few I suspected, and the guy today who was blatant enough that he'll be caught in short order. Other than that it's been real people at all the camps. It really is working. At least for now, and honestly after classic/Kunark it matters less and less with every expansion. I really wouldn't be super upset if the GMs did go away in 6 months. By that point things are established enough the impact of the boxers is greatly reduced, not to mention we would only be 6 months away from the next big thing that would draw the cheaters away.

While you may be willing to buy things, you are likely unwilling to pay the same amounts for something you have the ability to go camp that some soloer will pay for something they can't camp solo. Even just your ability to camp the item yourself reduces it's value. You are unlikely to pay a kidney for some GEBs for your box mage, even if you do want them. That solo necro who can't manage to get a freeti camp is going to be far more willing to sell internal organs. So you may buy and sell, but far less money will exchange hands.
  14. Hinastorm86 Augur

Ya prices will likely be lower on Riz, but thats a pretty different statement than "Boxers don't need to buy anything" like you said previously.
  15. Kahna04 Journeyman

They don't "need" to buy anything. They can "choose" to buy things. But they have options, and don't need to buy anything because they have the option to go camp it all themselves. They aren't hindered by the need to find a group and share the drops with that group. Just because you choose to buy something instead of camping it doesn't mean that was your only option. If buying is the easier option you will take that one, but if no one is selling the item or they are asking for too much, you can just saunter out and get it yourself.
  16. Hinastorm86 Augur

We're just going in circles now.

Your original statement of boxers not being able to make 6 krono a month because no one needs to buy anything on Riz continues to be wrong for a few reasons. I kind of wanted you to admit that, but that seems unlikely.

I might want a Lizardscale cloak, an item from a level 30 zone, but i'm 6 boxing, my time is better spent farming hate or hole or something than sitting in a level 30 zone camping an item. This is exactly how economies work.
  17. Kahna04 Journeyman

I popped on Rizlona, in prime time, to see what the tunnel looks like. If you can't see how slow the economy is, I don't really know what to tell you. I wish you luck in your Krono hunting endeavors.
  18. TheDohn Augur

Everyone understands why you don't want to play on a server that requires social skills and interpersonal relationships. It's not a confusion thing. Promise. :p
  19. Zinth Augur

Aradune doesn't require social skills, and funny enough we have hardly any rude people on Rizlona, but Aradune is swarmed with griefers and assshats
  20. TheDohn Augur

Could have left off the word "rude" and been equally accurate.