Mystery corpse

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ranger Dave, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Ranger Dave Lorekeeper

Something weird happened today. Ever since the latest server merger the corpse summoning room in the guild lobby on FV has had tons of corpses lying around. For some reason it bothers me to see them every time I run through there on my way to and from the neighbor hood. (don't ask me why, that's weird too.) So I started trying to remember how the hide corpse command worked. When I finally got the wording right all the corpses disappeared except one...mine. I had no idea that I had a corpse in there. It makes no sense. I always make sure to recover my corpse right away when I die (which happens more often than I want to admit.) Not to mention, for my corpse to be there I had to have had it summoned. Why would I have my corpse summoned and then not rez it?
    The corpse did not look like my character either. While, like my character, it was a Hobbit, it had the wrong hair and facial hair color and style.
    My Cleric merc was able to give me a rez off of it though.

anybody have any theories? Does this have something to do with the server merger?

Ranger Dave
  2. Kase Augur

If I'm not mistaken I believe this was 1 of Nostradamus's prophecies...foreseeing EQ turmoil
    Ranger Dave likes this.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Latest patch/downtime brought back a ton of old corpses for some reason, even on servers that were not merged. Just accept the free xp rez and move along!
  4. svann Augur

Now we know why the servers keep crashing!
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

This has been happening since ToV launched. Crash might bring some corpses back that shouldn't be there.
  6. Jalelorf Augur

It has not been happening since ToV launched. It started happening after that last patch and server merges. Tons of corpses in guild lobby on Drinal. If you don't hide corpses you will be lagging.

People are taking advantage of these extra corpses. Some of even created corpses on heroic toons in case it happens again and they can get free levels by rezzing these extras.
    Winnowyl, Schadenfreude and CatsPaws like this.