Rizlona and Aradune Queue problem solution

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trinost, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Trinost Journeyman

So there was so many cries "We want a non- truebox server, non- truebox server". That it would lead one to believe that the demand for this would be higher than an ACTUAL truebox server. Well queue times don't lie and Aradune is 100% higher queues than Rizlona and compared side to side Rizlona is a ghost town and Aradune is packed to overflowing with angry cries about the queue times from myself included. What can be done to fix this? Change the rule set one last time but this time for Rizlona to a truebox server and allow inventory only (with empty lore/heirloom bags so not to screw with economies) single direct free transfers from Aradune to Rizlona for like a month similar to Ragefire to Lockjaw. Just to even out the congestion and allow everyone to play when they desire. Please seriously consider this Darkpaw. I don't know how it worked out in the past in exact detail and I am not looking for exploits just a way to allow a solution for the queue times without ppl losing their heirloom items they purchased on Aradune. Thx.

Hyperlink seems broken was gonna link this as reference for any desiring to view that this has previous occurred ( https://www.everquest.com/news/ragefire-lockjaw-progression-server-transfers ) Edit: oh nvm seems hyperlink is only on single words. my bad.
  2. KimchiGoddess Augur

I want to play on Aradune, but outside of the ridiculous queues, as we all knew it's full of the RMT botters circumventing the rules and there are a plethora of people AFK and not being kicked but taking up world slots for hours at a time. I gave up and have been playing on Rizlona because of the never ending queues. Now that I'm enjoying boxing 2 on one computer, no thank you.

They have way more to fix on Aradune other than the queue system but I highly doubt it'll actually happen, active GM (for only 6 months) or not. The cheaters, rulebreakers and RMTers will be left alone like every other TLP.
    Aneuren likes this.
  3. Trinost Journeyman

Yes I understand that would be something not at would desire. Though the demand for one over the other seems much greater and maybe you're correct maybe more would rather keep it non-truebox like yourself and others might still be open for actually transferring if was free like in the case of Ragefire to Lockjaw. I have spoken to a few already that would like to see a change one way or another to end the queues if not would like to transfer because they don't want to lose the heirloom bags they paid for but are not willing to fork over addition funds for this purpose. I figured this was a solid suggestion that would solve many of the problems and still fill it is even if it tweaking like only adding the transfers and not changing ruleset. Something needs done.
  4. KimchiGoddess Augur

I agree with you 100%, something does have to be done - fixing Aradune, not taking over the non-truebox server so that people will have somewhere else to play with the rules they want. The people who wanted to box more than two and box on the same computer as well as the ones (like me) who gave up, moved over and are now enjoying the benefits shouldn't have to suffer because once again DPG screwed the pooch.

I'm not arguing with you at all, I am completely on your side that they need to do something to fix things with Aradune. The big group of people I am playing with all wanted to play on Aradune. Most of us couldn't even get in on the first night. I only got one of my two computers in even though "Play Everquest" was hit at the exact same time.

A huge huge problem is the server capacity is too low for the demand AND nothing is being done to remove the dozens and dozens of people who are sitting in the world for hours on end taking up slots while AFK/sleeping/at work/doing whatever but running scripts so they aren't booted and skip the queue when they next want to play. I played for 4-5 hours one time on Aradune. Every time I came in and out of my home city the exact same characters were AFK on both sides of the zoneline and at the bank for the entire session I played. That is not right and nothing is being done about it.

Then you get all the people who are playing more characters than they are allowed. Of course the rules are going to be broken when it's two accounts per person because who wouldn't play as many as they can get away with and claim it's their wife, kids, in laws that all live together and all play EQ together. There is so much obvious botting that I witnessed and that's just in low level zones and just for a single play session.

The problem is that DPG is doing absolutely nothing to fix anything with their awful servers and their answer is to play during the middle of the night if you want to get on. It's a disgusting way to run a company and I don't think they'll do anything but wait until people give up and go away or go back to work so there's less demand and they don't have to do anything anymore.
  5. Kahna04 Journeyman

I see no reason to take away something from someone else to try to fix Aradune. DPG's is more than capable of opening an overflow server for Aradune, as they did with Lockjaw, and in no way has to disrupt Rizlona to do this. Why would you ask to destroy the server those folks have been waiting years for, however many of them there are. Just because their method is not as popular, does not mean they don't have a functioning server and aren't happy with what they have. They do not have to be made unhapppy to solve your problem.
  6. Sikkun Augur

If Riz is a ghost town that deserves to die, there are 15 other servers on the chopping block also.
  7. Loze Elder

Obviously, there is enough demand for a second Aradune, so why not spin up another one, offer free transfers, and keep all those people who are about to un-sub happy enough to keep paying for a few more months?
  8. jeydiejones New Member

rizlona has 2 or more picks in most zones when in general chat its 1.5, common lands off peak has 2 or 3 picks and i always seen the server high population.
  9. Viego New Member

Rizlona is far from a ghost town. And there is zero toxicity unless some whiny anti-boxer comes over to disturb the peace. Whines when things don't go their way, best solution is to take away stuff from others to make them happy, trying to disrupt and generally cause chaos for people they don't agree with, and misreporting about stuff they don't like; I think the libs are trying to take over EQ, too!
  10. KimchiGoddess Augur

Yup I was playing at 5am EST today and there were two picks of CL on Rizlona, lots chatting in the chat channels as well.
  11. Pawtato Augur

Aradune is populated by a lot of tourists wanting to be on Aradune. A second server wouldn’t be as healthy as the original.
  12. Fraggly Augur

No clue how you came up with this. Most every boxer knew and admitted truebox servers will be more popular. This is the first standard TLP with AoCs and picks at the start. Maybe the server dips to medium because we can safely SLEEP and do not need to do AFK tricks to stay online 24/7? Maybe all the AFK's and boxers are boosting Aradune and keeping you out of the game? High pop in classic is kind of a cluster F anyways.

There is no reason to play 12AM-7AM when you can freely play whenever you want. Typical trueboxer rant. Just start asking for another server and stay away from Rizlona, thanks.
    GamerGramps and KimchiGoddess like this.
  13. Loze Elder

Because Aradune is super healthy...
    Once half the people that can't log in un-sub, and the other half move on, it'll be just fine.
  14. Klikhizz Grimscale New Member

No, Taking over Rizlona is not the answer, and I urge any players that give up on Aradune and move to Rizlona to adapt to those rules and don't try to create issues because you don't like boxers.

If anything like this needs to be done it needs to be a new server brought up with the Aradune ruleset and allow people to move their character / progress over to the new server, then in 2-3 weeks when population levels out they can look into combining them back to a single server if needed.

I do want to say, however, that I keep hearing about rampant boxing and such on Aradune, but I have yet to see it, though admittedly my highest level character is 10 so maybe all the rampant botters are in the higher level zones and I'm not seeing them because of that ... I HAVE been accused of botting when playing with my wife and 2 other players ... too often people see a group at a camp and because they aren't full and aren't asking for more ... or because they are full but not each individually pulling their own mobs people like to scream 'BOT GROUP' first and ask questions later. ... Yes I have seen several bot duos running around some with clever duo names and such ... but too many people on Aradune seem to be of the mindset of 'everyone else MUST be a botter' and that needs to stop too.

I will say that something needs to be done about AFK people, I too have seen the same character afk (or at least standing/sitting motionless in the same spot every time I saw them) for way too long. I saw the same character standing next to the banker for over a day (he was there when I logged in that morning and was there when I logged out several hours later and there the next morning ... it's possible that they logged out while I was offline, but I have my doubts. Position was the same, their level never changed just stood next to the banker as a level 3 halfling ... it doesn't take THAT much work to get to 4 so they couldn't have been doing much else.)
  15. Rexa Ask someone else for buffs

I read Dreamweaver's response. A lot of us thought that maybe Darkpaw was continuing to monitor the large influx of people and then release whatever caps were in place (ie: throttling), but now it's stated nearly 5 days later that max capacity has already been reached.

The fact is that many of us made plans with others (enough people to form a guild) to play on Aradune prior to launch. The queues/max cap made it impossible for many of us to participate with our friends. The true server capacity was never made clear and those numbers don't appear to be published anywhere. Additionally, there was false hope given with ongoing dev messages that the" influx of players was continued to be monitored" when in fact it was already at max capacity. I spent two evenings in a row to finally be able to get past character select after launch date, and then I had repeated issues with the ongoing queues. I never saw another round of playing on Aradune after the 2nd login - I've since given up. This would've been my first time trying to enjoy a TLP.

We understand that many people are home and playing online games in light of what's going on. I think had it been stated much earlier that the server was truly at it's max capacity already, some of us would've just switched over to Rizlona and enjoyed the TLP experience regardless if it's a box-haven or not instead of being frustrated in 3+ hour queues that went nowhere. You would've already alleviated the burden on Aradune instead of having now a clogged server sitting alongside a near-barren one, but a lot of us have given up.
  16. KimchiGoddess Augur

A quick and dirty way I did was to join every single general channel that was open. I know that some people will remove the autojoins but a lot don't and at least in the first couple of days it can help paint a picture. So I joined all of the general channels, accounted for the fact that I was in each of them (ie only counted myself a single time) and added up the totals. Around noon EST on Thursday there were 2,543 people logged into all of the versions of general chat that were open. I can't imagine their max capacity would be much larger than that and there was little to no queue when I was online at that time. I would guess that MAYBE the server max is about 4k but probably less than that and closer to the number I counted.

edit: This was Aradune, obviously.
    Rexa likes this.
  17. Rexa Ask someone else for buffs

Actually, I'll have to correct myself. Dreamweaver made the post on Saturday it seems (so 3 days later), but whatever at this point. Doesn't matter anymore since what's done is done.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  18. Monksy New Member

I already unsubbed my two accounts because of the queue times. I know it's no rush with 3 months to go but I already feel so far behind others and my friends that it feels more stressful than fun even trying to get into servers when I'm able. I got in once yesterday after a 3 hour wait only to be d/ced zoning and entered into an even longer queue. I was literally trying to login for 6 hours and gave up at some point. I thought about joining Rizlona but I really don't want to play with bot armies or competing with one-person groups. I wish there was another option.
  19. Machen New Member

Or, how about this? Let's make Aradune a non-truebox server. Open it up to boxing, and if you're right that'll make the queue's go away too.

^^^ Makes about as much sense as your ridiculous suggestion.