Error Status 0xc000012f

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Nechrid, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Nechrid New Member

Just finished installing the game and when I hit play, I get the error "Eqgame.exe - Bad Image"
    C:\\Windows\SYSTEM32\d3dx9_43.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error Status 0xc000012f."

If anyone has seen this before or has any how to fix this, please let me know. Thanks.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Looks like you need to download dx9. Quite a few posts on the subject in this area, if you search it shouldn't be too hard to find a link on where to download it.
  3. Nechrid New Member

I have it installed. I also downloaded and installed the DirectX end-user redistributable just to make sure, and i'm still getting the same error.
  4. morgensternx1 New Member

I had a DX9 error (albeit a different error code); multiple attempts to get it working correctly (DX9 tweaking, .ini tweaking, etc.) were in vain. It was not until I tried running EQ in Windows compatibility mode (I’m running Windows 10) that the game was able to run successfully.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Make sure you install DirectX 9.0c. Not just any old DX9 will do. It MUST be 'c'
  6. Nechrid New Member

Thanks for the advice! Going to try running in compatibility mode and I'll report back.

How do I install DirectX 9.0c? I just tried installing "DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtime" from Microsoft, and it says I must be running Windows 98, Millennium, Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows Server 2003 to install. I'm running windows 10.
  7. Nickatropolis Augur

any updates on this? I have a friend still getting this error and he has all the direct X files needed to play.
  8. Bubossi New Member

Drop a copy of d3dx9_43.dll from 9.0c into the eq game folder. Windows will use the first copy of the file it finds.
    Nennius likes this.