Worst launch I've ever seen

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Critt, May 28, 2020.

1. Critt Augur

Can't say I've ever seen a worse launch this "que" system if it truly is a que was the worst idea ever. Since 3pm EDT i've tried to get in and continue to get random "average wait times" 12 hours later I'm wondering why I bothered to resub and buy the bag packs for this nonsense. I can understand throttling I work in IT but this is just plain stupid. I should have been able to get in to at least create my characters at some point.
  2. Perraine New Member

I'm in the same boat. 3 pm EST. I was able to get to character creation once before the crash but was unable to roll one. Now it's 13 hours later and I have a 46 min wait...at 4 am.
    Critt likes this.
  3. Critt Augur

someone in the scalability department needs a serious talking to.....
  4. Critt Augur

If I could get a refund for the bag pack and sub I'd probably walk away at this point...lol
    Umdebus likes this.
  5. Thewiz Augur

I would as well. I can't even play on Rizlona due to the disconnect issue with boxing. After 21 years this may well be it for me. Sad day :(
    Critt likes this.
  6. Critt Augur

For grins I clicked Rizlona logged right in... LMAO.... wtf, clearly all those people begging for a box TLP didn't bother to show up to the party
    Bailen likes this.
  7. Thewiz Augur

We can't play because we can't box so why log in?
  8. Azzudien Augur

Just do a charge back on your CC for the bags and anything else you purchased to prep for launch. I have already put mine in to my CC company. Justification use non delivery of product
    oldkracow and Thewiz like this.
  9. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Aye I've already lost 2 friends due to the launch not wanting to stick it out and they went the CC route as well. Wondering if I should do the same at this point and call it a day on EQ for good.
    Karango likes this.
  10. Thewiz Augur

I am almost ready to. It will mean all my accounts get banned but I may not care. We need some word on this ASAP on this fix or if it isn't being fixed and DPG wants Rizlona to be isoboxer free. If so I am out. Would like to know either way please.
  11. Critt Augur

3 days later and Friday night at 8pm EDT and there's a 3 hour que to login? Do you really think it's acceptable to make your customers wait 3 hours to login to a service they pay for? No this is ridiculous I'll be cancelling, not paying for a service I can't access when I want to.
  12. Dragon Jockey Lorekeeper

171 minute queue. Good grief.
  13. Critt Augur

exactly....
  14. Tx454 New Member

Keep in mind, if you go the chargeback route, DBG will ban your accounts associated with that CC.
  15. Thewiz Augur

Oh I know. I am not going to. I was red hot freaking mad over [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] not being allowed on Rizlona.
  16. strider209 New Member

What I don't understand is how, after 21 years, they still don't know how to increase the server capacity. They need to hire people that know wtf they're doing because right now it's pathetic, to say the least. I agree 100%, this is the worst launch in the history of expansions/additional servers/anything ever.
    Karango likes this.
  17. Sikkun Augur

They did increase it. At what point in 1999 did you see 20+ full Guks on a single server at once? Current servers are about 10x larger than they originally where.
  18. RangerGate New Member

Servers are not "10x" what they originally were, talk about hyperbole. Pickzones =/= server capacity. Total number of people on a server might have marginally been increased over 1999 days, but the current capacity is somewhere around 2.5-3k give or take. Back in the day there were easily 1k people on a server. Personal experience on Tallon Zek thru PoP.
  19. Sikkun Augur

They have stated that current server capacity is closer to 9k in the past. But would love to see how your coming up with 2.5k people given there were 400 between neriak and it’s newbie zone alone. With a 3 hour queue of people waiting to get in.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AristoEQ/status/601843161833418752 More than fippy and Vulak combined. Oh look and raging about a queue then also.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheWindstalker/status/601847609687322624

Over 4k on Ragefire.

(When they used to say population on servers they maxed out around 2k and where pretty unstable at that level).
  20. Machen New Member

If you knew wtf you were doing in IT, especially in scalability, would you want to work for DPG right now? Could they pay you enough, with their current financial status?