Reset All Progress Please

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by CoquiFrog, May 28, 2020.

1. CoquiFrog New Member

Please reset the servers after you get them working.

This is so that all players can have a fair and equal start.

As it stands, there are many who are totally unable to login.

It seems really unfair to allow certain players to play long before others.

This is a "time locked progression" server. The game is about "progression". By allowing random people to "progress" before others. You are making an unfair gaming environment.

I have never been able to catch one of these TLP servers on opening day ever. It was a dream of mine to be able to start at the same time as everyone else.

This has been a very disheartening launch.

By resetting the servers after they are working, you will make everything fair for everyone.
    fantasy and WiredTombstone like this.
  2. Ishbu Augur

Your solution to this is to reset and start back over from square 1 so that everyone who actually got through this stupid que has to fight again thus ensuring we still have the same issue only worse than it already is?

Worst idea ever
    Vinlail, code-zero, Forsaken and 3 others like this.
  3. Overcast451 Augur

I'm curious.. had a thought maybe it's being throttled because basically the entire server is in like 5 or 6 zones right now.

G'fay on Aradune had 6 picks.

So... maybe some need to level and move on to other zones. Maybe it's more of an issue of how many people are in this narrow scope of newbie zones and not so much logged into the server as a whole.

Just a guess.. dunno.
    Vinlail likes this.
  4. Azzudien Augur

Why the worse idea ever? It has been done before on other TLP launches. Ragefire I believe was reset twice.
    Lot of people have not even got online once since launch over 24 hours ago, myself included.
  5. Ishbu Augur

Ragefire was a different scenario entirely. For starters there werent AOCs or pick zones, it was a new TLP, not an annual tradition and nobody knew exactly what to expect. There was even a test run open to the public done for a couple weeks before hand where the community helped identify issues before launch.

We are now half a decade of first hand experience and knowledge past this, with many QOL improvements made. Progression is a non issue with the AoCs and pick zones. We also know beyond a shadow of a doubt that 3 months is more than enough time for everyone who wants to to progress, and there is no actual race any more at all.
  6. CoquiFrog New Member

For anyone that was able to get a huge advantage over other players with a lucky login, yes, it will be the worst idea ever.

For anyone that was not able to login at all, and sat for 5 hours crossing their fingers to no avail, it will be the best idea ever.

All I'm asking is for a fair and equal chance to play the game Everquest on equal terms with everyone else.
  7. TheChosenOne Augur

sorry bro, there is ZERO chance they'll roll back the server. That would be an even bigger disaster, and make even more people angry who spent all day working on their characters only to have it erased

Sucks you havent had success getting in, things will start to balance out over the next several days. Its not a race anyways, people having a day or 2 headstart ultimately changes nothing in the grand scheme of the server
  8. Ishbu Augur

100% inaccurate, thanks for playing.

Im stuck in a que wishing I could play but rolling everyone who got in back is absolutely a terrible idea and quite frankly a childish, selfish suggestion
    Vinlail and TLP Addict like this.
  9. PresidentBenFranklin New Member

A reset would be costly for those that have limited time. It's not a race for everyone; it would be punitive to others.
    What would be of benefit, is a new clone where players could start fresh just as you suggest. We could lose the 3 hour queue times. People could start on a level playing field without all the issues we've had so far. DPG games could keep more players happy, increase the odds the people would stay, and a later merge would support a more active player base and keep the server strong into the future.
  10. Lyrical Augur

What it absolutely does effect though is those who got the late start basically making it much harder to do any sort of trading. As plat rolls in and becomes more available, prices for items get higher. This is why kronos start around 700p and within a week or so they are 1500 and so on. Those who start late, have lower characters, have weaker abilities, have almost no chance of finding camps that drop gear as higher level toons will be farming them for plat..........which the late bloomer will not have.

So they buy krono to catch up.......or just log off and leave....like I have the last few new server attempts. Im already done with this one. Been trying since within 2 seconds of server "up" status yesterday. Got to character select screen once. Crashed before server would accept a name. $2300 machine so its not me.
  11. Ishbu Augur

So your desire to play on a server is 100% motivated by how much cheap volume of krono you can acquire and if its adjusted down by even 1 or 2 krono over a 12 week period its not even worth it.

Can someone help me because this sounds like a definition of something we are all fine not having around
    yepmetoo likes this.
  12. Azzudien Augur

It is an issue when the people you planned on grouping and playing with are dinging level 20 as we speak. The reason progressions are so fun is the fact you can group with other people because every one is similar in level. I am sitting in queue that says 119 minutes, at best I might get on 3-4 hours from now. More than likely the fact that I am in queue as prime time is approaching means another day I fall behind.
    Nymm likes this.
  13. CoquiFrog New Member

I posted this knowing that it would never happen. It's fine.

There is nothing selfish or childish about desiring a fair and equal game, it is simply rational.

I respect your opinion though, and I understand where you are coming from. You are logical, though you articulate yourself in a less than friendly manner.
  14. Febb Augur

Just because you can't join in on server launch doesn't mean that a server isn't fair and equal.
  15. Mezrah Augur

I understand your frustration, I have spent far more time in the queue than actually playing (my highest char is level 5), but I think a full reset would be a bad idea, it would just be a case of restarting the cycle of problems we have encountered over the last 24 hours. There will be massive queues just to create characters followed by disconnections because their infrastructure is simply unable to handle that amount of load during the login / character creation phase of the game. When people are finally able to get logged in, however briefly, the players that have an over-abundance of free time will still have an advantage over other players. Personally I believe it is better to try to weather the early storm, allow people to move away from the starter cities / newbie grounds and that might ease the load / strain on their creaking infrastructure enough to make them stable..
  16. Widget New Member

I queued for 90 mins this morning (EU) to get in, I spent about 6 hours in game playing, then logged for dinner. So you think it would be fair to erase my whole day just because you couldn't play?
    Ishbu likes this.
  17. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

I am more concerned that any reset, which would only erase a few levels for me, would end up removing the bags I bought, and no way to reclaim them.
  18. Ishbu Augur

This. Society as a whole really needs to get off this, life is fair, crap its on.

Some people have better internet connections and got into the que/through faster, thats life. I didnt get in, Ive been waiting in this 72 minute que for over 180 minutes now. At no point do I want everyone reset. Then I just have that headache to deal with all over again
    Mezrah likes this.
  19. Azzudien Augur

Oh 90 minutes, good for you.

Try 11 hours in the queue then let me know if you feel the same
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

Why? What could you accomplish in 1, 2, 3, weeks' time that you cannot now accomplish because you got a 12 hour later start? In exactly what way do you feel you are disadvantaged?