PoP recycled

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jimmy2times, May 27, 2020.

1. Jimmy2times Elder

Since kunark and velious have been recycled... when you guys gonna recycle Planes of Power so I can get smashed by Quarm and get the breaks beat off me?
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

PoP would be cool I think. I know there gonna be tov part 2 but wondering whats next. but if they do pop they need to do epic 3.0's

Andarriel
    Jimmy2times likes this.
  3. Zamiam Augur

I'm guessing it will be TBL part 2 then ToV part 2 before we get a PoP 1 ..
    Andarriel likes this.
  4. Jimmy2times Elder

If they are nickel and dimin like that we might as well just break up expansions into 1/8ths ..?
  5. Bobokin Augur

How about something new. Do we really need four versions of KD?
    Alena likes this.
  6. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Pretty sure it's going to be ToV.2 coming next. Which has some amazing zones left that could be part of it. Dragon Necropolis? NToV? Sirens Grotto etc
    jayrendar likes this.
  7. Riou EQResource

ToV Part 2 is next
    jayrendar and eqgamer like this.
  8. Zamiam Augur

not that im doubting you Riou , but do you have sources ? links .. just curious
  9. Riou EQResource

If you've been in the EQResource discord over the past few months you will have seen lots of stuff :p
  10. Fredescu Augur

TBL was PoP based. I like the reuse model of TBL too. A story and "original" zones that are both based on some well known PoP zones, with a brief revisiting of one old zone. Maybe it's just cosmetic, but I'd rather "Stratos" than "Plane of Air (2019)".
    Raptorjesus5 and Yinla like this.
  11. Broozer Augur

Oof yeah, OG PoA was horrible on so many fronts.
  12. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

It really needs to include Sleeper's Tomb as the last zone of the expansion like Mearatas but its the only locked zone. Greatest dungeon in all EQ hands down.

Maybe a Western Wastes as starting zone and do that whole half of the continent for a key to go into Sleeper's.

(Cobalt Scar with Restless Othmir! just because, Skyshrine where the Dragons are hiding from the Restless Ice, etc.)
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think they should do the "a new continent has been discovered" storyline we haven't seen that since VoA. "Milking the franchise for nostalgia" can be taken too far, don't push it...:)

Or lets us exterminate "discord" once and for all....its time to blow up some planets!
  14. Triconix Augur

PoAir is 100 times better than Stratos. Mobs and their knock backs on tiny islands, narrow lanes of traveling, having to run circles in order to get to other zones. What a terrible zone layout.

For the most part, TBL was nothing like PoP outside of mob types. All it ending up being was Efreeti factions playing politics with each other. There was no elaborate progression through different plane types (influence, powers, elements, time) unveiling a truly sinister scheme being planned by the Gods. TBL was the equivalent of Trump's twitter account.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

That was stated after the third TLP server was launched...how many years ago?? TLP is more popular than ever. Your statement is invalid.
  16. Vumad Cape Wearer

PoInnovation is my favorite zone. Totally down for a reboot. It's a shame they did TBL when they did. PoP had so many zones. A complete PoP revamp over 2 expansions would have been great. PoI, PoN, PoJ, etc. The TBL with an end zone of PoTime. New serpent of vindication? Sure, I have slow AA now, but I don't care, yes please.
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I doubt nostalgia is the driving factor for TLP's, I just think people like the "community-startup"-processon on a fresh server, or starting over from scratch character-wise, The content is irrelevant.
    If they made a TLP, that started at Kunark, Luclin or TSS at level 1, it would still be a succes.

Even a TLP that started at HoT with free heroics, might work.
  18. Riou EQResource

That TLP that started at HoT with free heroics basically bombed :p
  19. Blastoff Augur

Skyshrine 2.0 would be amazing...if they have the guts to take it on. Such a cool zone, even on tlp's most players don't see much of it. They could make some awesome content with that boilerplate.
    Goburs likes this.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I enjoyed PoP even though I still think the content from Gates of Discord on was the better content (for raiders).

TBL appears to have been a "revisit" to PoP style environments & stories, and ToV already has a successor in the pipe from what I have read elsewhere.

After Velious revisit part deux I wouldn't mind a Luclin revisit, I might not have a popular opinion but I really enjoyed that expansion despite not really enjoying Vex Thal in-era very much at all, we got to see the Plane of Shadow in RoF though which was cool.

If not that Luclin revisit another PoP revisit would be okay.

Eventually though the studio will decide whether to do more "nostalgia" with a later era, like the Discord story-line from Gates/Omens/Seeds or a new story based loosely in another expansion they take forward, going "to Discord itself" as in a visit to that realm to go kick its backside properly (previously suggested by other posters before me I might add) might be a good idea but I think would take 2 or even 3 expansions to do it justice given the size of the scope such a project should entail.

And it bombed largely due to being Truebox, since by 85 most players were already boxing.