bait-and-switch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Thorak1234, May 28, 2020.

1. Thorak1234 Lorekeeper

Did DBG just pull a bait-and-switch with Rizlona progression server?
    I thought multiboxing was allowed on Rizlona?
    But when I use Is Boxer I'm getting disconnected.
    What gives?
    I will be pissed if this turns out to be a bait and switch and will promptly cancel all my accounts.
    Thewiz likes this.
  2. That0neguy Augur

Multiboxing != 3rd party software.

Lots of people boxing on Rizlona just fine right now.
  3. Balderdash Lorekeeper

I had zero problem 6 boxing on Rizlona but I don’t use 3rd party software so.....it seems to be working as intended. Have you tried it without the unnecessary 3rd part aids?
  4. Lexyx New Member

I don't call Is Boxer unecessary. I'm not alt-tabbing in 2020 sorry.
    I will be petitioning for a refund for all my accounts. Hopefully I get my money back.
  5. Febb Augur

There is literally a thread on this subject two threads down from this one. It's not EQ, it's IS Boxer itself that's the problem.
  6. Tucoh Augur

7. Name2 Augur

This isn't accurate. IS Boxer doesn't have access to what server you are connecting to in game. If this was an IS Boxer problem, it would fail immediately, it wouldn't allow you to log in then disconnect you two minutes later. This is a Daybreak problem.
  8. Creedmonk Augur

You won't get your money back, read the EULA... Sorry you misunderstood their server. Directly from their rules page for Rislona you can clearly see:

"Rizlona Ruleset -
    Mangler XP Progression
    Agents of Change Enabled
    Pick Zones Enabled
    By playing on Rizlona you agree to:
    Absolutely No Automated/Unintended Game-play, any incident of automated gameplay is immediate suspension, second offence is ban including Rizlona associated accounts
  9. vylo Augur

Have you tried just moving your mouse to the other window? I never have to alt tab and I'm using multiple PCs.....
  10. Tayvial Journeyman

sounds like hes lazy af.. lol
  11. Creedmonk Augur

This is 2020. I will not be moving my mouse.
    furrykitty and Sokanist like this.
  12. Gnothappening Augur

I just wonder how many people saying you don't need third party help use GINA, download maps from Brewall, and other things like that. How many of you have mouse software? How many of you are using team speak or something else to coordinate rates via voice and not using the built in software? All of these things make the game easier. Pretty sure that is what the IS software does to. It doesn't automate you does it?
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Does IS boxer still keybroadcast?
  14. Balderdash Lorekeeper

I don’t use GINA except on raids as it is required by the guild. I still use Mapfiend, not Brewals. I don’t use mouse software, whatever that is and I use voice chatting in game, but if any of these suddenly failed to work in Everquest, I sure as hell wouldn’t blame Everquest for that. DBG needs to focus on EQ and the developers of the 3rd party software need to focus on their product. The 3rd party software isn’t A game add on supplied by the company. The fact that they tacitly allow it to be used at times is a bonus but they have every right to not give a damn about it and even block it if they so choose.
    If EQ was charging me a few bucks a month for add on software then I would have a right to complain but they aren’t charging me because it’s not their product.
  15. Tucoh Augur

Don't worry boys, Niente is on the case.

edit: and it's solved.

16. TheChosenOne Augur

IS Boxer doesn't automate gameplay, it just allows you to control all of your characters from 1 screen I believe
  17. TheChosenOne Augur

Lots of petty, angry people that play EQ and just want others to suffer for no apparent reason. Whether someone uses IS Boxer or not on Rizlona has absolutely zero effect on other players, but you still have lots of Karen's clamoring for them to keep screwing multi boxers that keep lots of money pumping into this game
  18. Gnothappening Augur

It was specifically something EQ had going on though. That is why they were able to disable it. As for GINA and the other stuff, those are all third party addons that people use but a lot of those same people jump on folks for [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software].