Sooo....

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TemporalWolf, May 28, 2020.

1. TemporalWolf New Member

So is this the experience every time a new TLP comes out? I have never tried this on day one, is there always going to be a wait?
  2. Febb Augur

Yes, this is normal for server launches. Give it a week or two and the queues should go away.
  3. Nolrog Augur

Not even a week or two. The first day everyone wants to get in right away, get their toons created and kill a few things. But in a short amount of time, people will start going back to their normal play times, which will help spread the population out thru the day. By the end of the weekend you should see very small queue wait times, if there are any at all.
  4. Twinnrova Journeyman

Right. People don't seem to understand that such an old MMO is not going to be designed to handle the few days each year that a huge launch causes so many players to be online at once. They're going to handle the peak times during a normal week with everyone distributed properly. Maybe if this were a brand new game they would use some kind of cloud computing with scalable load balancing to handle so many connections at launch, but not a game that can legally purchase alcohol in the states.
  5. fastboy21 Augur

This is nonsense. The game is old, not the hardware and software controlling it. There is no reason other than bad management, cutting price corners, etc. to explain the normal steaming pile of poo that is now accepted as server maintenance at DBG.
    Herf likes this.
  6. Mezrah Augur

It has been on the TLP's I have experienced, on Fippy in 2011 so many people wanted to play they were forced to create a new server to handle the over-flow, but for those of us that were lucky to get on, it was much smoother / faster than this TLP. There were also enough issues when Ragefire opened in 2015 to cause them to open a new server 7-10 days or so later (i honestly cannot remember how long that took)..
  7. Jaqen New Member

I WANT TO PLAY ARADUNE,CAUSE OTHER SERVER IS JUST MASSIVE BOTS. I SEEN 40 ACCT FOLLOWING ONE ANOTHER AND THAT CRAXZY. THERE NO ORC HILL GRPS NOTHING
    Scipio5 likes this.
  8. Azzudien Augur

Unfortunately the queue goes away because people give up and decide against playing, or some of the people that did get online and then suffered crashes and rollbacks give up. Either way the reason the queues go away is you lose customers.
  9. Febb Augur

That's one reason ya. I'm sure there are many other reasons. I doubt that's going to change.
  10. Chuuk Augur

My queue went from 95m to 94m - there IS light!
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  11. Rebelicious Augur

They made 2 servers, but with huge oversight designed only 1 that was going to appeal to 95% of players... and the 5% appeal server sincerely designed to make sure (almost) everybody logs on Aradune, at once.
    Overcast451 likes this.
  12. fastboy21 Augur

This is a good point...but only the players are to blame. They gave us the option of voting on various rule sets for these servers and the numbers don't lie, people en masse said they wanted Rizlona and not Aradune.

Oh wait, that never happened. They never asked us a thing before announcing these servers. Someone somewhere is accountable. Give us the name so that we don't have to whine abstractly about the "devs". Give us the name.