Mage Pets post-server downtime...etc

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Buster_Shruggs, May 28, 2020.

1. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Just curious about why mage pets "poof" when there's a server crash, emergency downtime, extended downtime, or account reverts from Gold to Silver? My Sk and shaman pets don't seem affected.
  2. Claudi Elder

mine didnt poof (playing on AB)
  3. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Thanks for the response Claudi. Its not a recent thing for me, just decided to ask on the forums.
  4. Claudi Elder

seems it it is a prob on your server then - you can try suspend minion ?
  5. Buster_Shruggs Augur

I usually have a pet in reserve already(via suspend pet AA) and using it after a downtime doesn't bring up either pet. Also, I thought maybe it was Trak server, but as it was merged with Vox, the server cant be the issue.
  6. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Yes, its painful losing a well geared pet.
    eqgamer likes this.
  7. Mesc No $$$ Until the Experience is put back on Mobs!!!

This happens to me also. Please fix it.
  8. Zamiam Augur

its happened to me also on bertox, xegony, rathe, FV and Test .. usually with my BST and Mage ..
  9. eqgamer Augur

Especially being that baz criminals jack merc gear up to ripoff level pricing. Not to mention the 1h attune weps and the prices at which some of them are listed.
  10. cadres Augur

Didn't happen to our grp (AB) this time - except the shm pet. Often affects the SK; sometimes Nec & Mag. It seems pretty random when there's a crash/server problem
  11. Cicelee Augur

Because Everquest magicians are the most over powered class in the history of MMORPG games, and our punishment is to have a poofed pet.

Or so say some tin foil hat people...
    Buster_Shruggs likes this.
  12. Azbaelus Lorekeeper

Not just mage pets, my SK's was gone after, and I've had it happen to my bst a number of times.