RIP MANGLER

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Moforyguy, May 28, 2020.

1. Moforyguy Elder

First time I've ever seen Mangler with LOW population. I guess a new tlp will always cripple the current one.
  2. RibbitDivot New Member

The game was down until 1:00 a.m. central. Any other server except the new ones are low, including FV, which makes it obvious that the 12-hour issues today had a huge effect on population for today. You even think about that at all?

It's also possible those ratings are relative so with aradune having a massive population right now it makes everything else look lower than it might otherwise. That's just speculation but usually FV is either medium or high.

If things are stable tomorrow during prime time then you'll be able to get more of a feeling of the effect. Even then a number of players will probably still raid on Mangler part time for a while.
  3. Nolrog Augur

Too soon to tell. People typically try out a new thing. Some will stay, some will go back.
  4. Volas Lorekeeper

Why do you think DPG makes PoP last 6+ Fuggin MONTHS when all other expansions last 3?

Cause every year, right about the time everyone is bored to tears with the same content ... they release a new server.

All the idiots smashing into the new TLP's are going to be subject to the EXACT same thing next year.

Thats why ALOT of people are staying on Mangler, or outright leaving. They're getting sick of it. I am one of them. Havent even tried logging into the "new" servers (lol.. new.. ok.)

Im completely over their ridiculous idea of customer retention. Once Mangler outright dies.. I'll be done with EQ for good. I'd rather leave with SOME good memories then let DPG continue to destroy them all.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Hope you stockpiled those cheap deepwater inks!