Why so few allowed on Aradune?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Atern, May 27, 2020.

1. Atern New Member

Is the plan to only let a handful of people play on this server? If so, can you at least add another couple servers like it? It's always a waiting queue that never moves or lets anyone in.
  2. Shamanama New Member

Yeah wtf is going on? I am trying to be understanding, devs, but this is insane. First the downtime, now I can't even get into the server that was the entire reason I (and many) were waiting, and the entire reason I resubbed. What a mess.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  3. Shamanama New Member

On a related note, if I close that stupid never-moves popup by clicking OK (a sign that I understand what is being said, as I take it), do I get knocked out of the queue? Why is the writing and release for this so very bad right now? I was excited and now I am just disappointed :(
  4. nagash101 Augur

it started 1993, memory was expensive. dates and times were truncated to save memory allocation. The DB still has terrible Y2K issues. Low memory hardware requirements that limits the player count in the character creation "zone". Someday they will fix the Y2K software issues but only if all new TLP server buy BIG expensive bags.
  5. Gethvelion Journeyman

No, once you get the message that you are in the queue you can hit ok or leave it alone and either option will eventually get you into the server. If however you login to another server or close the client before this happens (or the severs crash again) you will be removed from your place in the queue.

The server ops team apparently are limiting the number of people who can access the character select / create screen at one time even more so than usual to reduce the strain on the servers, however as we have all seen that doesn't appear to have helped in the slightest.
    Shamanama likes this.
  6. Arog Augur

I tried again to get in. This time the queue said 5 minute wait time. So I left it alone with out clicking ok box. And I waited, and waited and waited. Finally I clicked ok 24 minutes later and now the queue says the wait time is 22 minutes? I am confused about the queue because I don't think it works. I think its a bogus pop up that doesn't do or mean anything. Just something for you to read why you can't get into the server.
    Umdebus likes this.
  7. Shamanama New Member

Yeah mine said 11, then 12, then 13 minutes, and it has been waaay longer than that. I agree with you Arog, it is a nonsense message, I'm sure I won't get in now, and I feel foolish for resubbing.

Thanks DBG! I even asked my brother to come back and play this mess with me, and that makes me feel some shame now. Great job!
    Umdebus likes this.
  8. Atern New Member

Like I said, if you are only going to let a handful of people play on this server, please spin up another VM and start a new server. This shouldn't be that hard. If I ran my department the way this is being run, I would have been fired a long time ago. And yes, I have some apps that are pushing 20 years old too. That doesn't mean I abandoned technology.
  9. Lejaun Augur

It will be a pain for the first few days. In a week it will be busy, but not too bad. It just takes a bit of patience.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

FYI

You will be logged in automatically if you decide to press OK on the Queue Window.
  11. Lejaun Augur

The question is am I better off sticking in the cue, or do I reboot and try again, or keep spamming the Enter button.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I didn't do anything after pressing OK on the window. Do not reboot or you will likely lose your place.
  13. Lejaun Augur

That's what seems right, but I did that twice earlier today and never got in, and I've been waiting to get logged in since they reopened.

Just a weird system. I wish they'd assign a number. "You are number 43 to log in next." "You are now number 37 to log in next."
    Dagenfehl likes this.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Yeah, it's worrisome. But, it logged me in while I was tabbed out of EQ. So, in theory, if you want to use your internet browser, the music will let you know you are in.
  15. Lejaun Augur

My story all day. I've gotten a lot done today with it running in the background waiting. Heh. But I expected all of this, so I'm not mad or surprised by how things have been going.
    Benito likes this.
  16. Dre. Altoholic

5AM PST, 30+ minute queue time on the nobox? I wonder how many of those just login and afk to keep their character in world for the disaster which will be tonight's primetime

At least group leaders know to instantly replace any LD's
  17. code-zero Augur

People spamming the Enter button likely contribute to the problem. Don't do that
  18. Raisehell Lorekeeper

just remember, once you get in and zone you crash and get to Q again
  19. KimchiGoddess Augur

If you don't do anything you end up being booted from the queue for inactivity. They've really got it well set up.
    Datura likes this.
  20. Gnothappening Augur

Really? What I have found is that I will be booted after 5-10 mins of inactivity.
    Datura likes this.