EQ has a management problem, not a tech resource problem

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Udun, May 27, 2020.

1. Udun New Member

Clearly the management is not driving improvements. Each launch seems to be the same or worse than the previous one. The management should be held accountable.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Alright, let me speak to the manager.
    Ssmiter, Chikkin and Minpire like this.
  3. Minpire Augur

I don't know, i think ACCOUNTING and IT have more to do with it.........omegalul
  4. MileyVyrus Elder

I hope management is really hard on both employees.
    TLP Addict likes this.
  5. Lejaun Augur

Let's be realistic, folks. Everquest was created using some very unique and overly complicated code. As years have passed, their equipment has gotten older. Their coding experts have mostly moved on to new projects and companies.

Everquest is being run on a shoestring budget. The majority of players have long left the game and the revenue coming in is very limited. It's enough to keep things running and a keep a small staff, but not much more. The coders who kept the servers running well have moved on to greener pastures, and the revenue the game brings in is not enough to hire new coders with enough experience to deal with the complicated code the game has.

The TLPs are being run every year not just because they are popular, but because they are one of the few reliable revenue sources out there for the game.

The Kronos and bags and required subscriptions are what keeps the game afloat, and just barely.
  6. Tierdal Augur

Where is the evidence this code is any different than any other code?
  7. Lejaun Augur

Back when EQ still had Fan Faires, the devs went into great detail at one point on the coding issues they faced.
    minimind likes this.
  8. RandomStrategy Augur

I heard it was FORTRAN on a mechanical satellite in space.
  9. Lachnar Elder

Everyone says this but no one ever has any evidence to back anything up, and, the amount of krono flying around and 40 slots and mounts i see pop up literally the second they go on sale kind of gives a different impression. To me it seems like they probably have the android app developers dream of a captive audience of mostly whales. And, seeing as how Daybreak is a pretty well known turn and burn bleed it dry private equity firm, my guess is the game makes far far more money than we all think it does. It just gets earmarked for daybreak to buy more failing games and give corporate bonuses with, instead of being used to improve the game like we, and probably the devs wish it would.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  10. Smallhands Elder

[IMG]

TheChosenOne likes this.
  11. davnegsep Journeyman

And because the game revenue is low like u said without any evidence we going to have a game full of bugs and crashing server down every few days? this scenario must be avoided because the company is selling a game that is not viable anymore. Everquest team should tell the true about the game status and if game is not working, the company should take game down and let players go and find better games to play. This situation is unacceptable. This game was taken down past week for 48 hours and 7 days later we are almost 24 hours. Why Am I paying for a game I can not play?
  12. Lejaun Augur

Why? Because to many of us, when the servers are cooperating, this is still the best online game out there ever after 20 years.
    Lachnar likes this.
  13. Hadesborne Augur

debatable at this point
  14. TLP Addict Augur

15. Scipio5 Journeyman

16. TLP Addict Augur

The money you spend on EQ goes towards making sure that Darkpaw's "investors" get to drive very nice cars.

And if you spend enough on 40 slot bags when the servers come back up, they can drive even nicer ones next year.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  17. Ayoheee Augur

What about the wind? I think it's the wind.
  18. Ssmiter Journeyman

I'd love for you to prove anything you just said.
  19. Lejaun Augur

I'd love for you to make the servers come up and let me log on, if we're making demands.
  20. Lejaun Augur

And no one has evidence to the contrary. Here's a business tip for you: When businesses are on the line, they don't talk about how close they are to falling off. Daybreak/Darkpaw aren't going to say anything if what I said is true. Confirming it means that more people leave faster, knowing that the days of the game are limited. There was a reason the numbers stopped getting posted on the servers themselves of how many players were on each server.

Do some math. Look at the number of people on the staff and their jobs. Do a rough estimate of what each one makes. Total that up. Do an estimate on how much it costs to develop new content every year. Do an estimate on how much they spend on outside resources, taxes, rent, utilities, etc.
    Now do the math on how many subscriptions and kronos and bags it would take to meet just that amount. Calculate how much more is needed to turn a small profit for a company of this size.

If you have any experience running a business or doing the accounting for one, you'll see what I'm talking about.