Today's Experience

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Blaedin, May 27, 2020.

1. Blaedin New Member

I'm not happy. I understand there's a lot of people that want to play on the new servers. I also understand that sometimes things happen...but here's been my experience.

I waited to log into the new Truebox Aradune server and like everyone else was let down when it crashed. And, like everyone else, I waited HOURS for the server to come back up...and when it did, was very upset to find myself placed into a 2+ hour que (without a timer...what is that?!) to log in.

What really steams me is that near the end of the que time when I should have been let into Aradune the servers go down AGAIN.

Come on devs. Why are you just releasing Aradune alone? Why not Aradune server A and Aradune server B--with an intention to merge the two in a few months when the populations thin? Why force people to funnel into one server KNOWING it's going to be jammed and most people don't want to play with the boxers. You've literally had me waiting over 8 hours to play your game today and I've not even created a character's name yet. I'm honestly wishing now I could just refund my script I activated earlier today and play something else.

And, it's worth noting that the Boxing server Rizlona had no que either. It feels like you're forcing people to settle for an unwanted server experience by restricting Aradune so heavily. I don't know how keen I am for this design, but I will say this: if I'm playing Everquest, it's on Aradune. I don't blame others for not wanting to subject themselves to competing with bot armies for loot and spawn sites. It's not fun and I'd rather play another game than roll anything on Rizlona. Please consider bringing up an Aradune clone so players can balance between the two confident eventually they'll become the same home. It'll eradicate the que and make a more pleasurable gaming experience for everyone. Don't force us into Rizlona to avoid Aradune's que.

Whether I get flamed or not for the response is irrelevant. It's important I voice how I feel.
    Rebelicious likes this.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

By sometimes you mean every time.
  3. Machen New Member

What in the world makes you think that would have helped the issues tonight?

The entire company's game lineup went down, every game every server. I doubt Aradune being overpopulated did that.
    Nennius likes this.
  4. Zebaz New Member

Rizlona had a Queue it was hitting almost the 1 hour mark. Don't make blanket statements when you don't know. You lose any credibility you may have had.
    Riule and Sithil like this.
  5. SwordandShield Lorekeeper

You shouldn't spread misinformation. Rizlona had a queue all the time that the server was up. I had to wait in one each time I longed onto it.
    Riule likes this.
  6. MaestroM Augur

We hear you. We're in this together. The general wisdom on these, as unsatisfying as it is, usually is "Don't plan on logging in the first day".

Unfortunately server launches are a cluster. DPG/DBG/Whatever they were before has a pretty bad track record for server launches, but so does virtually every MMO company out there.

Unfortunately there isn't really an economically viable solution available.
  7. Rebelicious Augur

The whole point of Aradune is to escape the box bot armies and there's no way in hell I'd even log into Rizlona... no offense to those who enjoy that playstyle... but all they do to my zones is train all the mobs selfishly as krono farmers and kill the groups I'm in.
  8. Dingodog New Member

Both new servers had long queues.
  9. Sithil Elder

I was in que for over an hour before I finally got into Rizlona, only for it to crash less than 10 minutes later. And Riz was the first to go down, when I closed and logged back in Aradune was still up, then went down a minute or two later.

Please GOD stay on Aradune, we don't want your melodrama on Riz.
    Mealinn, Whoops and Riule like this.
  10. Zebaz New Member

Do you actually think Aradune isn't going to have box armies, that will be a playground for them. I have never played more than 2 chars at a time. But I played on every tlp that was supposedly true box and there have been box armies on every one. There is no way they can enforce the 2 per person rule. No way they will enforce it. I will play on Rizlona where it will most likely be less toxic than Aradune. Juut look at the Aradune server chat in the discord.
    Sithil likes this.
  11. Papasears1982 New Member

reminds me of when kunark first dropped, issues galore, i know it sucks but man i cant wait till they get aradune up and running =)
  12. Brells Girdle New Member

why is it that people use the EQ forums as their shrink? just because you can't meet with your psychiatrist due to COVID doesnt mean youre going to get psychiatric treatment or comforted by any of us here. Actually here. Its ok my brother we're all here for you, have a rose for your pain. Did I help?
  13. Thrycore New Member

How about an Aradune Red (pvp enabled)... gasp.
  14. Rebelicious Augur

I "think" since Rizlona is dedicated to allowing all the bots you can handle and Aradune is supposed to be limited to 2 accounts and have a reportable GM presence that yes, Aradune should be a somewhat better experience... and why in hell should anyone be "forced" to play on Rizlona? And I never said what you quoted and falsely attributed to me so don't attach my name to your tirade. Toxic players are everywhere. I don't like the idea of being FORCED into Rizlona, hence the POINT of my reply.
    "I will play on Rizlona where it will most likely be less toxic than Aradune" - your comment, not mine. And I hope you have fun there and aren't FORCED to play on Aradune.
    Zebaz likes this.
  15. Whoops Augur

If it's any consolation to you, Rizlona did, in fact, have queues for both periods it was available. No one is trying to force you onto Rizlona.

As Machen said, it's far from being an Aradune-only problem. I'd happily continue playing my live chars if I could.
  16. Mealinn New Member

So you're right about the cluster f of a mess.
    But don't comment on things you don't know about. Rizlona has had a que all day and many people enjoy boxing and playing on a finally made boxing server with instancing.
    I was able to make my characters and reserve names. It took me 45 minutes to get on.
    Don't make it seem like people don't want something just because you don't. TBH true box should die in omens as who cares once open world content is dead.
  17. Fightmilk Lorekeeper

Amazon.
  18. Zebaz New Member

Both have GMs, and bots are not boxes, as unattended gameplay is still bannable. Please don't mistake a box for a bot as they are not the same thing. Botters will be present but I do believe they will be on both servers. I don't condone armies or bots. I play at most 3 chars and normally only 2 at a time. No software just alt tabbing.
    Rebelicious likes this.
  19. Zapford Elder

For empty servers. Aradune had 300 total on at max. No need to throttle like that. I believe it was mentioned that some accounts were causing a back up in character creation, and were not moving to the server, clogging it up so to speak.
  20. Rebelicious Augur

Yeah my bad. Easy to confuse since on Mangler so many bots run around pretending to be boxes... and ofc it will be on Aradune as well. I have nothing against the Rizlona ruleset was just replying to the OP about the notion of being forced onto a server I didn't choose, that would make anyone angry. It's been a long day =/