How easy is it to complete Plane of Sky class quests?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HighElfPlayer, May 27, 2020.

1. HighElfPlayer Journeyman

Do guilds instantly stop raiding Plane of Sky when Kunark launches? I was thinking of trying to get the FD item for the shaman, but I am not sure how hard it is to get the quest items.
  2. TheDohn Augur

Nobody -likes- doing Sky, but unless your guild is terrible or a zerg guild, you'll have all the quest stuff you want out of it before Classic ends.
  3. ElKingOfZeBongo New Member

You are telling that you want to make a troll shaman with both FD and snair ? thats close to cheating!
  4. Xeris Augur

People MAY hit sky a few times after classic, but it's unlikely. Posky blows.
  5. Nikolust New Member

TLDR if you're in a raiding guild and active you should complete nearly all of your sky quest items.

If you're in a raiding guild you will have a very good chance of getting it. There are a bunch of random pieces that the guild will collect and then the classes have one NO DROP item that will be awarded with DKP or w/e they use for loot. The NO DROP pieces are basically the only real loot in Sky so if you're in an active raiding guild you will complete most of the quests (depending on RNG, for example we only completed one ranger earring on Mangler because it didn't drop often). Normal raiding guilds will do sky in Classic and all of Kunark so you will have ~5 1/2 months of sky quest pieces (depending on when your guild has enough people leveled to start raiding).
  6. HighElfPlayer Journeyman

Thanks for the information.
  7. Fudly Elder

Magelo says the rare drop for the FD ring is 3%.
  8. Arclyte Augur

Getting a windstriker in classic is like hitting the lottery. No one should make a ranger based on that.
  9. Donroy Elder

FD ring shouldn’t be too bad. If your guild is doing sky right they should be chain spawning SotS anyway. Can get a half a dozen or more of her before Sirran despawns.
  10. taliefer Augur

sounds like someone didnt do sky right if their guild wasnt swimming in FD rings
    SweetLaxTho likes this.
  11. TLP Addict Augur

Depends on the quest, some are easy to finish even for a casual guild that just does weekly sky dz, other quests are much harder due to extremely low drop rates on one item.

Some are like McDonalds Monopoly, every man and his dog has 2 out of 3 items hoping to luck out and get that 3rd piece to win the prize.
  12. NImxat Elder

Most classes need epic drops from PoSky plus, many guilds are unable to beat bee island before Kunark. Yes, guilds will raid Sky later. How hard your class quest is to finish will in part depend on how many guildies also want those parts.
    On the good side, higher Kunark levels make clearing PoSky faster so the raids can get to the higher islands faster.
  13. JooJooFlop Trainer of Trainers

You can fight the boss that drops it multiple times per lockout, though, last I checked.
  14. Pizzanomicon Augur

What are you talking about ? I've definitely done bees on TLP with pretty rag tag operations lol.