Place your bets!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by mikey anchorage, May 27, 2020.

1. mikey anchorage Journeyman

Server downtime. 2 hours...

Im going to say 8 hours.
    lockjaws likes this.
  2. Moege Augur

1 hour then another patch for 3 hours.
    then ...
    wait for it ...
    Apologies for the inconvenience and squawking we caused but all your characters is now level 1
    mikey anchorage likes this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

This is a TLP thing?
  4. Captain Video Augur

It's a thing for people who can't tell the difference between website maintenance downtime and game server maintenance downtime. Remind me never to group with any such people.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

They could cut WAY down on the complaining if they took the website down at the same time they took the servers down! ;)
    Zamiam likes this.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The log in server is full, You've been added to the queue. Average wait time 1m for infinity!
  7. Captain Video Augur

The more interesting bet would be how long it will take them to consider adding another server.
  8. IcebergDX Lorekeeper

Cant even connect to log in.
  9. Ultrazen Augur

It's going to come up twice more and crash, and then be 24 hours.
  10. johntherob Journeyman

13 hours Up for 20 min Login crashes again 3 more hours PLUS a 4 hour rollback because Why not
  11. Tanacious Lorekeeper

Gonna say.... as of 3pm it went down down... with a 45 minute lead in.... So.... SSD corruption...

They say 2, which is overly optimistic. WHY they don't use the SCOTTY estimation method is beyond me... rebuilding an array is hit and miss for time estimation, with an unknown variable of database rebuilding, thus roll back... lack of periodic back ups..... *falls into a trance*

So I will make my announcement for them, since they are inept at it.....

-----Greetings Norrathians!! A short while ago a majority of our denizens experienced involuntary interruptions to their adventures, which may have had the unfortunate side effect of forcing you to do an impromptu ranger impression. We are aware of the occurrence, and we assure you, that was nothing on your end. We did initiate a server shutdown to remedy these issues.

We are working to correct these technical difficulties, but due to the nature of the issues found already, it will be at least 5 to 6 hours before we have a resolution to them, and double check to ensure that we can get everyone back to the point in their adventures as close as possible to when they left it. If we discover additional issues along the way that would put the servers offline later than 9pm PDT, we will post additional information as we have it.

We also expect an explanation from Bristlebane, as he has been in a mood lately since the anniversary celebrations have ended. We will update you as we have that info.

Please keep checking these forums for periodic updates. See you all soon!------

(BTW, I don't work for DPG, have no information, but I can extrapolate and rationalize, and don't always need some dev to tell me what's what, even though I probably understand hardware issues better than they do, given that's what I do in RL. No offense Dreamweaver, but you REeeeaaaly need to go watch the old Star Trek episodes and learn about Scottyism time for repair estimates, or google it. It's a real thing, and it's REALLY cool psychologically speaking.)

Laters!
    Zamiam, Makta and Yara_AB like this.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

eqresource is showing lots of servers just low? does this mean theres people actually playing? both my accounts got disconnected out of the blue.

Andarriel
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Burn down, fall over, then sink into the swamp
  14. Captain Video Augur

'Ye cannae mix TLP and anti-TLP cold!" -- Scotty
  15. svann Augur

Emergency maintenance meaning Dammit why wont the server boot?
  16. lockjaws Augur

Soo..... 4 hours later and all of the servers are still down.