Shocker

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lelandod, May 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lelandod New Member

Please fix these garbage servers before you keep pumping out more stuff your servers can't handle. Your servers are a running joke with the most downtime across all games on all platforms.

I have no idea why so many of you are apologists towards this. Yes, the game is old. There are many, many old games out there that don't suffer from this level of garbage to the point that they're down every other day.
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

they should just get new fresh servers the game is 20 years old and yea eq isn't going anywere as long as its making money which it is. I mean we still gonna be using the same servers 20 yrs from now and before anyone say eq qont last another 20 years well nobody thought it would make it this long so you don't know.

Andarriel
    lockjaws likes this.
  3. Jarok Journeyman

You have no idea why so many are apologists towards this? Do you think they sit there in their lair twirling their handlebar mustaches scheming up ways to anger the players? Obviously you enjoy playing the game otherwise you would not be so outraged at the servers being down.

You are a fool. Stop whining. Go get some sun.
    Gratz and Dilquan like this.
  4. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I don't even want to play.
    Just tired of it.
    lockjaws likes this.
  5. Sine_of_the_Times New Member

Every single week this May the servers have gone down for one reason or another. It's not safe to play Wed-Fri anymore. Come to expect it and your anger will turn to sympathy.
  6. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

lolololol smh

And they wonder....
  7. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

What do you think a meth dealer would think when one of his junkies says they are tired of having to wait for their meth and they don't want to smoke it anymore?
    Batbener likes this.
  8. Nadisia Augur

11:36 PM here, so it's over for the sun :)
    svann and Deux like this.
  9. Lelandod New Member

Yes, I enjoy playing the game. Therein lies the issue, my not-so-bright friend. I want to be able to play the game. I pay to play the game, as every individual in America pays to do things they enjoy. I have other responsibilities and commitments, thus I have to schedule my play-time. When I can't play, I'm paying for nothing.

I'd love to see you buy a car you've been wanting forever and discover no engine under the hood. "Well I'm sure they didn't mean to do that; all is well, I'll go get some sun on my bicycle."

Go get taken advantage of in the sun, pal.
  10. Herf Augur

11. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Best time for necros to be out and about!
  12. dreadlord Augur

I'm looking for all this improved communication we hear so much about - all servers brought down, having been back up about 10 whole minutes; and I'm failing to find any details of what the problem is or how long the downtime is likely to be. This must be my failing right - as folk keep telling me how much the comms have improved...
    lockjaws likes this.
  13. Jury Vicious New Member

I have to co-sign this. Another round of bonus XP week is in order, and I'm not even joking.
    lockjaws and Herf like this.
  14. Jarok Journeyman

You must not be aware of something called "planned obsolescence", my not-so-bright friend. Enjoy your bicycle ride. Hope nothing breaks down on you.
  15. Wredd Wrydder New Member

May is turning out to be a banner month for total server locks. When they merged servers earlier in May it was two days. Now they just added two TLPs, I wonder how long this will take. Anyone care to make bets?

I am returning to EQ after a break and was considering a subscription again. The odds of that get lower with every day of this month.
  16. Broozer Augur

I'm just posting because I want people to see I posted. Pay attention to me! :cool:
    Goburs, Herf and Nennius like this.
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

Out of curiosity, what does "planned obsolescence" have to do with his analogy of a car having no engine. Do explain.
  18. Lelandod New Member

Huh? Planned obsolescence involves goods that need to be re-purchased, i.e. iPhones. Nobody needs to re-purchase a membership to Everquest because of server downtime, they're just upset and less likely to play.

Put down the thesaurus, kiddo. It's pretty crystal clear you're not the manager of the intelligence department.
    svann likes this.
  19. Celephane Augur

They just migrated the servers a few months ago. These aren't the same servers from 20 years ago.
  20. Rebelicious Augur

But it's RAINING!~
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.