Can we get Classic quests back?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Creedmonk, May 20, 2020.

1. CyryllisFenninRo Lorekeeper

What a shame that they just made sweeping decisions and ruined a lot of the quests that help you get through the first chunk of the leveling grind.

Almost as bad as nerfing AoN through doors. Stop ruining the game
    Fonzych likes this.
  2. Sturn Augur

I always thought it was an exploit myself.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Illusion through doors was obviously an unintended exploit. Fixing exploits does not ruin the game. Sorry it was so important to you.
    Bailen likes this.
  4. Magneress Augur

i'm ok with the quests being kinda broken (they still work) because it is still easy to get exp and it removes the incentive for players to cheeze the system, which is the devs responsability.

That said a 5 lvl window where bone chips were awesome would be awesome :D
  5. Bailen Augur

Yeah. I'm not sure how fixing an actual glitch is a nerf. The door was locked for a reason.
  6. Creedmonk Augur

I don't see any reason why things can't be adjusted for those earlier nostalgic quests to still give good experience and taper off at higher levels. Make it so they give exp penalty if level > x
  7. Creedmonk Augur

I'm curious to see if Ngreth would be willing to post some of the data of the amount of experience the quests gave prior to nerf vs what they currently give.
  8. Prathun Developer

The server's experience modifier is applied to quest XP rewards. As the server progresses, the server experience modifier scales up and eventually will match Live values.

Only a handful of quests were modified directly. For bone chip quests, we decided that it was less disruptive to change the quests themselves rather than touch population and/or drop details and/or vendors and/or spell reagents.
    Sokanist, Bullwyf, Barton and 3 others like this.
  9. Sithil Elder

Don't know if it's been fixed, but I've been told it hasn't, haven't played in over a year. There are/were several instant respawn skeletons in Paineel. That's what was used on either Ragefire or Phinny back in the day to get 50-60 instantly. At the time they nerfed quest exp but even on Agnarr the skeles would still insta pop.
  10. Creedmonk Augur

Can you shed light on which other ones were modified and how big of a nerf they took?
  11. Herf Augur

Was there no way to apply a simple lvl modifier to quests?

Something like "xp = xp_from_turnin / lvl_of_tune;" ? Maybe with some sort of scaling constant?

If this kind of thing is all in the database I could see it would be more intrusive...but it still seems like it would be doable.
    Creedmonk likes this.
  12. Baselesk New Member

it wasn't instant leveling dont be naive, you needed to farm for days to acquire the amount you needed to level up. And if you think about it, it would of taken you less to level in the 186 hrs its takes an average person to get to 50, then spend more than that farming chips. It was really to put a stop to farmers who got banned and then could afk farm another account up to 50 to start over again. AVG players would not was time leveling that way - so it was good they got rid of it as it slowed down the farming bots when they got banned - now they just have to do something about the AOE pling and we are golden.
  13. squidgod Augur

Can still buy your way to level 15ish for a couple thousand plat via the red wine quest. It's even easier now with stacks of 1000 and huge cash shop bags.
  14. Sithil Elder

It was as close to instant as possible. Turning in 4 x 100 bonechips over and over. And the exploit was a Mage camped at the skeles with Adv Loot and weeks and weeks to store bonechips. When Kunark launched someone was level 60 within minutes.
  15. Machen New Member

It's not broken. It's fast respawn, but not instant. Like 20 seconds. The whole paineel newbie zone is the same way. It's by design and has been that way ever since Paineel launched.

And yes I'm aware of the guy who used it to level up at Kunark launch, I was guilded with him. It was one guy. They nerfed all quest xp because of what one guy did and he farmed it for months when not raiding to be able to do that (no doubt with a /pet attack hotkey on autofire.) It's not like there are enough skeletons for everyone to do it. But even so, just nerfing that one quest would have mostly done the job. You aren't going to go 50-60 in three months of farming crushbone belts or fire beetle eyes or whatever else might be next in line.
  16. Prathun Developer

There does not appear to be a way to do this. We can put a minimum level on an old style quest, but I'm not seeing a way to scale the quest reward by level.
  17. Fonzych New Member

like they cant make a whole world /server like eve online does /cry
    this game need need kind of coders
  18. Machen New Member

If you can put a minimum level, can you put a maximum level also?
  19. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Ditto would be nice to see some exp gain on newbie quests for those under 20 or 15 whatever the maximum could be set at if at all.
  20. Creedmonk Augur

I think it'd be amazing to get the quests back to what they were and maybe cap them at level 20 or something