VoiceAttack allowed on TLPs?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Graytalon, May 19, 2020.

1. Graytalon Lowly Gamer

Greetings all,
    Maybe a better way would be to ask if it's allowed on any server. VoiceAttack uses voice commands to execute functions. This could be considered a macro, as you can set them with this program.
    Here's what I was hoping to do. Use my second computer to run the alt/second box and use VA to control it. Just curious, more than anything else. That and I'd prefer not to be banned or some such.

Thanks,
    GT
  2. Mrjon3s Augur

just use it and if you get in trouble its only a warning at first.
  3. Dailor Augur

Please stream on twitch if you do this.
    modsiw, jeskola and Dythan like this.
  4. Trevalon Augur

as long as you are at the computer and can type a response to a GM's questions I think most things are ok.
  5. Tuco Augur

My first boxing experience ever was doing this in World of Warcraft back in 2005. I've never used VoiceAttack, but wrote my own voice command software.

It was fun but miserable after a few nights. It's also much slower to say "follow" and have it respond than to just hit a key on a G13 or different keyboard or something.
    Barton likes this.
  6. Graytalon Lowly Gamer

Hmmm, ok, I'll give it a shot. And since I literally will have the keyboard at arms reach, I am not sure it would be much of a problem. But maybe a Dev or Mod will chime in.
    I use it Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous. It actually works rather well. But as to streaming...well, maybe not. ;)

GT
  7. Kutsuu Augur

It's really not much different than pressing a key on a keypad/G13, etc. You are performing an action to hit a hotkey. This isn't the kind of thing they police.
  8. Lumiens Augur

This makes me want to make a wizard box now and use the word Hadouken to activate his spell cast macro.
    Ketzerei84 likes this.
  9. Telora New Member

This may be the best idea live ever seen on these forums
  10. Graytalon Lowly Gamer

Lumiens, as long as the computer can understand what you are saying, it should work. You might have to spell it phoentically, but that's it.

Kutsuu, thanks for that bit of reassurance. I'm going to give it a go this evening after work.

GT
  11. Dahaman Augur

Don't ask me why, but this made me recall a drinking game... listening to the song "Roxanne" by The Police.

Setup a voice activated macro to drink a short ale by your first character when hearing "Roxanne" and your second character when hearing "Red Light". Play the song. See if your character can still walk straight by the end of the song?
  12. Hythos Augur

Using voice-commands is a very easy way to control any number of machines (or VM's).
    Fun fact:
    You can stack any number of laptops with their lids closed - they needn't be open to operate.
    If using microphones, some can experience distortion or may have trouble "hearing", while audio cables can daisy-chain in/out from one to the next and carry the same sound-quality as what a single microphone can pick up.

I also worked on this back before/during Burning Crusade, playing with 3 desktops manually, 1 additional desktop and 2 laptops via Windows-driven voice-commands.
    With how good software has become, it'd be even easier now.
  13. Terranos Elder

GM: Did you just warp from one side of the zone to the other to kill that named?

Player: Yep

GM: Ok, as long as you're not AFK, carry on.
  14. Kutsuu Augur

Are we clear on what most means? Just curious. I have a feeling active hacks don't fall into the 'most things are ok' category.
  15. Gemstoner Elder

Alexa, cast Ice Comet! cast Ice Comet! cast Ice Comet!

Alexa, sit.

Alexa, set audio alarm for 15 minutes.
  16. Machen New Member

Not sure if you are joking but you literally can actually do this. (I don't know if it's legal on Truebox but it's not hard to set up...)
  17. Protagonist Tank

I mean, this isn't an inaccurate representation of the current enforcement.
    ajschliewe and Ketzerei84 like this.