Aradune (Out of Retirement)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Grimaldus, May 19, 2020.

1. Grimaldus No pity. No remorse. No fear

Coming back to EQ, have not played since GoD era, new to this TLP thing.

I have been leveling up assorted characters on Mangler, and have a few questions about some minor things I have noticed, but not sure if they were unlocked with expansions, or in at launch.

1. Will all of the newbie armor quest loot items that drop like rain, and sell for so much, drop at launch, or will they be removed? ( I know we won't have the actual quests available)
    2. Will newbie armor crafting containers be in at launch; nice easy way to get a few extra containers.
    3. Will we have a shared bank? And will the extra backpack be in game?
    4. Will the Parcel NPC's be in game at launch?
    5. Will exp boosts be available through the in game market? Hope not.
    6. Will we get Origin at 5th level?

These are all pretty trivial, but I am curious. I have found that certain starting areas are just absolutely superior to others based on simply the amount of Plat to be made from drops. Six different races/starting areas, and by level 5 I had between 20pp to 280pp depending on area; mainly due to the quest drops. I understand this will probably be lower at launch due to competition, but still...

Thanks for any replies.
    MaestroM and Minpire like this.
  2. wade_watts Augur

1) I think you mean defiant armor. That gets removed. If not defiant, I'm not sure what you mean. Defiant isn't on Mangler yet either is it?
    2) Yes, I think. They work but backpacks are in at satchel vendors also?
    3) Shared bank works. Purchased bags (steadfast satchel) works on TLP's.
    4) Parcels are in game at launch.
    5) exp pots (25%) remain availbile.
    6) Yes - Origin is availble.
    Grimaldus likes this.
  3. Protocol Dragon Defender

1. No
    2. No
    3. Yes
    4. Yes
    5. Yes (25% potions at launch, 50% potions at Luclin)
    6. Yes
    Bobbybick and Grimaldus like this.
  4. wade_watts Augur

Also - it 'feels' like there is a ton of interest in Aradune versus some of the prior TLP's. Maybe just to me based on posts like this and convos with people in other areas. I'd expect launch to be a total dumpster fire of server lag, server up and down, zone crashing, etc. No offense to DPG its just tremendous load.
    Tuco likes this.
  5. Grimaldus No pity. No remorse. No fear

By newbie quests I mean the class armor quests at level 1. The drops that sell for upto several gold, that you can get stacks of in a very short time. Not sure what defiant is actually, probably after my time.
  6. Aegir Augur

I believe they are available once Lost Dungeons of Norrath unlocks.
  7. MaestroM Augur

Defiant armor refers to a bunch of different sets of armor that randomly drop from all world mobs and are tied to the level of the mob but on a scale that is ridonkulously out of era or classic. Will not drop.

The "Newbie" racial armors that were introduced in Luclin will not be available until Luclin. However, if I remember correctly, the pieces for these still drop but can be ignored. They are all common enough that its not worth hanging on to.
  8. Overcast451 Augur

Welcome back!
    Grimaldus and Tuco like this.
  9. Lejaun Augur

If I can tag along with some basic questions:
    Are halfling paladins available at start? In not, when?
    Followup question: When are race change potions in the game? IE, if I made a human paladin, when could I race change to a halfling if they are not in the game yet?
  10. Tuco Augur

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:Progression_Servers

Race/Class Combo: Halfling Rangers, Halfling Paladins | Luclin

Not sure about race change potions.
  11. Machen New Member

IIRC race change potions are in before halfling paladins are in. Don't recall if they are available during classic, but in kunark you can race change to iksar monk...
  12. Lejaun Augur

So theoretically 9 months before it opens as an option at character creation, and who knows for race change options.
  13. Fluid Augur

Just on #2, I think there will still be a few 'combine ingredients' quests that have up to 10 small slots for instance. I don't find it a problem as my first move is to pull my Bank backpack out and carry it with me so I have 16 slots + rest of inventory on me. The Magician stuff that used to disappear losing everything now turns into a 'disenchanted' bag which weighs 25 stones. It makes them unusable for anything but bank storage, but there you go.

IMHO: Drop rates and cash are not much of a problem to bother with the workarounds. Newbie hell is less hellacious. The ~3 gold for a backpack is nothing on a TLP server. There are also some bags like 'reinforced medicine' that I think can be made right out of the gate with a Thick Grizzly Skin and fairly low level of tailoring. They pretty much sell at the Tunnel for maybe 30 pp so one sale will get you 20 levels of spells<?>.

I almost always start Druids first, but Magician is a good choice in that it offers a reasonable path to power and glory.<sic> At level 2 you get a level 4 Water Elemental that rocks. I use my first pp to get a large sewing kit because I always equip my elemental with tattered armor which gets my tailoring skill up high enough to make reinforced medicine bags. Around level 8 you can start thumping Wisps and really, a Greater Lightstone or two and your money problems are gone. Just make sure to equip your elemental and yourself with magical weapons as I don't think they can hit magic until a few levels later.
  14. Grimaldus No pity. No remorse. No fear

Thanks man, appreciate it.
  15. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

1. Will all of the newbie armor quest loot items that drop like rain, and sell for so much, drop at launch, or will they be removed? ( I know we won't have the actual quests available)

Most of the newbie quest items aren't tied to the quests. Most of them don't sell me much

2. Will newbie armor crafting containers be in at launch; nice easy way to get a few extra containers.

Some of them are in but aren't supposed to be.

3. Will we have a shared bank? And will the extra backpack be in game?

Shared bank is in, but only 2 slot. Yes you have a second backpack in the bank

4. Will the Parcel NPC's be in game at launch?

Yes

5. Will exp boosts be available through the in game market? Hope not.

Yes, but normally on the 25% xp pots

6. Will we get Origin at 5th level?

Yes
  16. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Race change scrolls are in the game always and are 2000 or 2500 Pawbucks i think.
  17. Chikkin Augur

not talking about Crafted, Lambent, etc?
  18. Grimaldus No pity. No remorse. No fear

No not those, I have those dialed.

Just the ones with all the weird drops. Feerott Scales, Toxullia all the no drop items, Qeynos Hills Skeleton and Beetle parts, Black Burrow Gnoll pelvis, spine, femur, etc etc.
    All for their respective newbie armor quests. Some zones they are just a PITA, others a path to newbie wealth if you loot everything.
  19. Trevalon Augur

No that stuff is not in - and I believe most of that crap has been made no drop or lore and had their prices reduced to almost nothing.

Either way, its not a problem on modern TLPs - those quests come in with LDON I believe.

Must be a while since ya played cause if I remember the last time that gear was around and good was Vulak/Fippy? I think by RF/LJ they had been fixed.