2 Month lockouts, no LDON, more keys.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nodontcarekkthxbye, May 15, 2020.

1. sauron69 Lorekeeper

Epstein didnt kill himself.
  2. Sollix Journeyman

Sorry the amount of coding needed to make it 2 month unlocks instead of 3 months would take 6 months so this wont happen.
  3. Sollix Journeyman

Enjoy the copy pasta sever!
  4. error Augur

I don't know, I already feel like even with 3 months, it's hard to really get all the gear you want from raids. Maybe that's intended, I don't know, we're probably still more geared than people were back in the day before raid instances when the entire server was competing for open world bosses. But at 1 or 2 months per expansion it seems like you'd barely have time to get geared at all unless they increased the number of drops per raid boss.

Keys definitely need some kind of fix, though. I really don't think these quests were designed with the idea that everyone on the server would be trying to get them done simultaneously in such a short time window.
  5. Tulerezzer Fujimoto New Member

LDoN is boring and tedious (IMO) long before it is on farm status. Anything to shorten that "expac" is a good idea. Add it to GoD and make them 3 months total maybe, GoD doesn't have a level cap increase so it would fit right in and people that want to LDoN still can.
    2 month unlocks overall would be the sweet spot I think. Can always raid the good stuff from the previous expac for a bit if needed.
  6. Iyacc Augur

I would be willing to bet that if you had some way to count the guilds that don't raid or do things that can be tracked like post on a progress site - you would see that the number of small/very small guilds would go from the hundreds to the dozens. Attrition starts at the bottom typically until the top guilds just don't have anyone else to keep recruiting from. After having gone through Agnarr and Selo, I feel like the dropoff is rather severe at various points and the PoP grind through LDoN is one such place.

Now, I have no way to provide numbers or prove this theory but it is MY perception having played and led a guild through this time period on two servers recently.
  7. Karanthal Augur

I'm playing on mangler atm.

LDoN is still new, the group missions are a break from the endless XP grind at a camp spot which is nice. The raids feel like a "lets just do each of these raids once and never come back" kind of deal. Lot of trash to kill, a few random mechanics that sometimes don't work and cost you a chest or prevent completion and at the end the loot is mostly elemental plane quality and there isn't that much to go around. 3 months has been fine for the other expansions for my xp rate, but 1 month would do for LDoN, once you have a few vendor augs there's not a lot much more to play for.
    Bailen likes this.
  8. Sithil Elder

Has any server had a different unlock timer for level cap increase vs non-cap increase expansions?
    I remember it being talked about, but don't ever remember if a server actually had it set that way.

If they were open to change then it could go:
    3 months Classic
    3 months Kunark (entirely too long btw)
    2 months Velious + Luclin
    3 months PoP (I agree LDoN needs to go back to unlocking 1 month into Pop)
    2 months GoD
    3 months OoW
    2 months DoN + DoDH (PoR like LDoN opens 1 month into DoDH)
    3 months TSS
    and so on.....

Kind of a compromise of both worlds.
  9. Xanathol Augur

Nah. On a 3 month cycle, no one really 'gears up' more than a few pieces. That's all fine and dandy while there is still the TLP power curve in effect but eventually that catches up to you. People need time to gear up and yet need more things to do. So, start with Luclin & all original zones for 4-6 months, then each level increasing expansion should last 4-6 months and every non-level increasing expansion between it and the next released with it. For example, when PoP launches, so would LoY, LDoN, and Gates. When OoW unlocked, so would DoN, DoDh, and PoR. That would unlock tons of content and give players time to gear up and/or progress at their own speed without being bogged down by lesser expansions (*cough* PoR *cough*).
  10. Gremin Augur

Not in that style. I would enjoy a server like that though for the most part. Combining Velious with Luclin is a mistake. If you are going to combine it with an expansion combine it with Kunark. Also DoN with OoW would do better and PoR open with DoDH would be fine.
  11. Sithil Elder

Guess I should clarify I meant 2 months each for Velious and Luclin, then 3 months for all level cap increase expansions
  12. Overcast451 Augur

I'm good with three months or even longer, really.