How do people handle boxed party members and loot?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Arclyte, May 12, 2020.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

Always 1 roll per human, but if something high value drops you just "forget" to adjust your filters, after you've won of course.
  2. Lionari Elder

You shouldn't make generalizations. What is the basis for your comment? Heresay?
  3. wade_watts Augur

Nobody respects these folks saying /complaineyvoice "ohh, please just ask if I may have some loot too please? Sorry, please may I roll on loot?".

New TLP tip 1 - Be alpha. Join the group and inform them how they are now doing loot. They are now rolling Need on All, and you get 2 rolls for being the most alpha in the group.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Been playing EQ since '96.
    Tucoh likes this.
  5. Gemstoner Elder

I find your ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
  6. Alakshak Journeyman

Depends.

Grouped with friends / guildies? Roll on everything that is actually needed by the class disregarding what is and isn't a box.

Randoms? Roll need on everything on every character.

I understand the argument for rolling only on "one per real person" but if I dropped my box(s) and we pick up more randoms how does that improve your chances? 6 characters rolling is 6 characters rolling. The fact some may be boxes, mine or otherwise, is irrelevant. The only time I feel this conversation has any merit is when you have lower level boxes just soaking up exp.

That said it's important to make things clear from the beginning. If people have a problem with it they can continue looking for a group.
    code-zero likes this.
  7. Pikallo Augur

As a highly efficient 4-boxer, the last 2 spots are just fluff and those who I let join are more than satisfied with the crazy fast and effortless stream of exp. If I need something specific on my crew, I generally take it, however I will usually set the advanced loot window to auto-roll and if they want anything they can always need on it.
  8. AshKetchum New Member

When I box my box earns the right to roll for loot. If someone is willing to play two classes and effectively without killing a grp. One toon rolling when there's two negates the money intake for both to grab spells / gear when they need it. If someone isn't efficient boxing ask them to sit one and look for a rep or replace entirely.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

Most single-box players are watching Netflix and not playing at 100%. I'll bet on the boxer.
  10. Ultrazen Augur

A box is just another character that needs levels and gear, there is no difference. The person playing isn't getting the loot, the character is.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

That's quite an accomplishment.
  12. Draconum Elder

As others have stated, it varies.

Though I usually have my own group I roll around with, when I do drop someone for a real person I usually only roll on one toon or let folks know I’m there for a certain item, at least for group purposes.

Fun story - I try not to bring boxes to raids anymore since the Seru funnies raid incident and my cleric box for cures. Main cleric guild mate demanded I join the CH chain for the fight instead of just spamming my clicks heal legs and cures. Asked if I was going to get to roll with mains and the cleric, he said no why would I. Legitimately raised his voice in discord at me. I laughed and dropped all 3 buff boxes, including the cleric, from the raid and logged them off.

Bet your sweet behind he was regretting losing the mana song and support buffs / heals. Some lessons people need to learn the hard way.
    Lionari, code-zero and Dythan like this.
  13. C3lowz Augur

Each toon has their own roll.

Each toon has their own upkeep. Spells, gear, you name it. Just because it is 1 person behind the screen(s) playing more than 1 character does not mean they have the same upkeep cost as you only playing 1 character.

No NBG, well in pugs.

The days of "fairness" in EQ are over with. Krono took over.
    Lionari likes this.
  14. Kanuvan Elder

Guilds wont let people roll on their boxes

But in PUG its anything goes, no one except the leader makes the rules, and even then you better bet they are going to roll anyways if they are in the group

I sure will be needing on everything even caster gear as monk, heck i did on P99 where my reputation was at risk, i sure as hell am going to roll on everything in sight on shameless TLP servers
  15. Bullsnooze Augur

Its up to the group.

My partner and I box 2 each and if we're alone we upgrade our characters as necessary, we make sure the more gear dependant toons get loot first. When we camp items for platinum, we split the profits if it sells. We don't farm for krono, so its a fully platinum based split.
    • If we bring people in? We roll mains only.
    • If its something specific we need? Its probably not an XP camp and we don't advertise the group, unless it's a guildy or friend.
    • If we bring them in? We just NBG mains only, making it clear. :)
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

Get ready for the NBG drama posts coming soon.

Gonna be a whole new level 'round here.
  17. Bullsnooze Augur

Not sure why you're quoting me and referencing drama posts. I won't be making them, and nor do I really group outside of guildies. A 4 person group is more than sufficient to handle any group level content (and even more so with raid gear). There will be drama posts regardless of your predictions anyway. And, who cares? Just because there are drama posts, that doesn't mean Aradune is going to be a bad server.

We get it. Some of you desperately want Aradune players to cry on the forums about gm support and krono. Outside of the inevitability of the given problem (forum + players = complaints) and you wanting to say, 'see, I told you so'... Why does that matter so much to you? Why do you have to try an remind everyone in every post that this is going to happen?
  18. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I told you so posts give the biggest boost to self satisfaction.
  19. Mrjon3s Augur

Was this on phinny or coirnav?
  20. Zapford Elder

I expect everyone I group with to play their best. That means I expect players to be active, and use all the tools at their disposal for the betterment of the group. This means that both single players, and boxers need to participate, and not just toss the occasional buff, debuff, heal, etc.

To me, as long as the character is being played at an at least average skill level, then the character, not the player, gets to roll. If you are boxing all your characters as well as a single player would be playing, then they all get rolls. If your only boxing one of your several characters well, and the others just sit and toss the occasional buff, then no you don't get to roll with all of them.