Limit Systemwide kill announcements to open world

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Excrutio, May 11, 2020.

1. Excrutio New Member

The chat server lag from these announcements is a terrible nuisance and isn't useful at all for kills occurring within DZs.

Please limit them to open world kills and make a lot of folks on the more populous servers happy.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Are these something inherent to TLP servers? The only one I ever saw on live was back on the Epic retelling.

We are pretty populous;) - been having to run 2 chat channels for the last month - 400 are allowed in each channel.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I don't mind most of them, the only one I find to actually be genuinely spam is the Gnome race during anniversary.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Oh, I thought he was talking about s specific "kill" announcement. Like Soandso killed the Mighty Flynn.

But it appears to be a converted sentence? Like it should be: Limit systemwide announcements to open world or kill them?

Still doesn't make sense and I am just confusing matters more - what is Open World?

How can they pertain to kills occurring within DZs?

Oh, god where's my coffee - oh wait its cocktail time? Maybe I had to many of those:confused:
  5. GNOME_POWER Augur

I don't care most of them, what I saw as really spam was Spam Tell / Spam Mail / Spam OoC etc from PL players.
  6. Fredescu Augur

It's a TLP thing. When a raid target is killed there is a server wide announcement that a band of hearty adventurers killed <baddie>. They occur constantly.

On TLPs you can use an Agent of Change to spawn your own instance of zones that contain raid mobs. You can't have your own Kael (SoV) on Live servers for example, but you can on TLPs. The regular version of that zone still exists, which is what "Open World" is referring to here. Mobs in the Open World version can be contested, since anyone can go there. Anyone can spawn an instance and kill their own Vindi or whatever, uncontested. So the OP is suggesting that only the contested spawns get an announcement, because including instanced mobs leads to a lot of server wide spam.

I haven't seen your coffee though, sorry. I'll check with the kitchen.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. Excrutio New Member

Hadn't realized that this plague doesn't affect the live servers.

The spam isn't the issue; the issue is that the chat server, as well as system channels, lag out whenever there's a serverwide, messing with CH rotations, bidding etc.

There is a pretty constant stream of systemwides on mangler, meaning chat is horrible during peak hours

In summary, it serves no purpose and bogs down the server's communications.
  8. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

You're in the wrong place to try to do something about this though.

This forum is for players helping other players.

I'd suggest putting a thread in the TLP forum with a subject like:
    [Feedback] Limit Serverwide Messages for Kills Due To Chat Lag

or something like that and explain the issue.

Or you could put something in the Bug Reports thread.

Sounds like you have a case. I know I want to kill the 55th person sitting in our raids for attendance when they go kill some random Luclin mobs and get a zone hunter during an event for the lag they create.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Thank you for the explanation! I only tired TLP very briefly so had no idea this happens.
  10. Excrutio New Member

Ahh, thanks for mentioning this! They used to have a way to provide feedback; it was either /feedback or a specific forum for it (too many MMOs, they all run together).
  11. lockjaws Augur

FV is consistently at general, general1, general2, general3, general4, general5 -- so if you want to talk about chat latency and delays, I think that's a better starting place.