21 years....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilyothe, May 9, 2020.

1. Lilyothe New Member

Don't you think it is high time you made a quiver slot? There is an empty space just above main hand and below feet... Anyone who uses a quiver is penalized and not able to have all their bag slots available.
    lockjaws likes this.
  2. lockjaws Augur

I always through it was silly to lose a bag slot to standard bow haste.
  3. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

I thought there was a quiver slot, at least between Tri and PoP... maybe I am thinking of another game... but I could of sworn there was. Or is it as you stated just in the inventory slot? Would you prefer the quiver to be on your back or on the hip? Personally a Dwarf should be able to double fist two ales as no self-respecting Dwarf would not have one in each hand and his beard not totally soaked in the foamy goodness.
  4. Dewey Augur

Rangers get endless quiver. I also think that they are really the only ones effected by this.

So you want a ui upgrade for 1 class? I thought the AA for endless quiver was your quiver slot considering you don't have to put arrows into it.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Wyndar like this.
  5. Maedhros High King

Every year this "penalty" you're talking about has got less severe. After 21 years you can have 10 total bags, or 9 to go along with your quiver. I have all of the largest bags I believe and when I did the math, I came up with 424 bag slots total on my toon. Take away one of my 40 slot bags to account for your quiver and thats 384 bag slots. Correct me if I am wrong, but Endless quiver came out in Luclin? So during Luclin the best bags were maybe 10 slot? We also could only have 8 total bags back then, or 7 with your quiver. Thats 70 non quiver slots back then IF you had all 10 slot bags, which was a big accomplishment then.
    So after all this time, you have had the option of increasing your total amount of bag slots by 314. Not bad!
    Why are we having this conversation?
    Wyndar likes this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I would like a special quiver slot for rangers also since the only reason we really use the quiver is for the haste. Put the Ancient Arrow in ammo for endless arrow and then you only really need one slot for the type 3 arrows we use for spells. And nothing else can go in the quiver so its a waste of 9 slots.

But I can foresee a problem with tons of other classes wanting something special they could use in that slot also.
  7. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

wtb shuriken slot.
    minimind and CatsPaws like this.
  8. Sokanist Journeyman

semse like a very tiny detail to me not really having much impact on the game, there is many other things I would prefer to have fixed or changed first. IMO
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Paladins need a Pez slot.
  10. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Make the bow haste a click that goes into the Special Item Effect AA?
    Kaenneth likes this.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Absolutely no need.

Not to mention that bow damage is Low-Risk/High-Reward DPS. You SHOULD be penalized with a bag slot. No other class in the game gets the utility of a Ranger.

Deal with it.
  12. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

I remember when I thought I was doing good back in Classic by saving enough coin just to afford one bag. ^^! Also was there not a limit to how many bags you could carry at one point? A backpack is really only a backpack if it is on your back and you should only be able to carry one backpack. Wasn't that the reason they made wrist and belt pouches so other body parts could carry items as well? And you have a bag that has about 42 slots in it? o_0
    Maedhros likes this.
  13. minimind The Village Idiot

Quiver/Bandolier!

And maybe a TS'd bandolier so we can make use of that years-old change that made weight reduction on throwing item containers = haste like quivers.

BTW - WTB Crude Fur Bandolier on Luclin. In platinum. I don't deal in Krono.
  14. Bobokin Augur

15. Dazzler Twodirks Lorekeeper

Considering before they added quivers for Rangers that slot should have just been thier own personal body bag...
  16. Bobokin Augur

That space left of the rings has not been used. If that could be used for a MEDIUM size container items only, the issue could be resolved.

Creating a similar item, a bandolier, for Rogues allowing throwing knives with haste and an endless quiver type ability would be nice and is long overdue.

Casting bags for that slot, with spell and summon components only, would help casters as well. This is especially true for Magicians because they have so many components.

Is any of this absolutely needed? No. Would it be helpful? Yes.