Truebox removal for Coirnav

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jarlaxlle, May 8, 2020.

1. Jarlaxlle New Member

Any way we could strike up discussion about the 2 new servers coming out and how it will effect the other tlp servers? Mainly curious if it would be a option to remove the truebox on coirnav and put in the 2 account max on one comp rule like one of the new servers coming out to help keep players on their current server? I’ve seen how voicing opinions help change since the 2 new servers were pop locked and after a week of hearing what the players wanted it was removed from both. Would love to see some give on removing the truebox from Coirnav and implementing the 2 per computer to help keep the server healthy.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

No.

Also, there is no 2 accounts on one computer server.
  3. Jarlaxlle New Member

What’s your opposition to helping a tlp server? Seems like anything is possible since they removed pop lock within a week of announcing it for the new servers.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

At some point the populations dwindle and dwindle, long before mercs come out to help bridge the gap. It would make sense to disable truebox to allow people to continue to play the way they like w/o having to buy multiple cheap laptops. Probably see an uptick in subs if people could play more than 1 per computer in later eras.
    HoodenShuklak and ForumBoss like this.
  5. Jarlaxlle New Member

Exactly they will have their 2 new servers and some will go to play it. And the tlp locked like coirnav and others can still keep enjoying their progression and re living the old expansions as they continue to come out and continue to make them money with multiple accounts.
  6. Jarlaxlle New Member

Will also allow guilds and members to easily fill in gaps from the people that leave to go to the new server.
  7. Rozza New Member

I’m with Jarlaxlle, why wouldn’t they want to make money without destroying every server?
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'm okay with removing Truebox on TLP servers that make it as far as the later expansions.

I would say that the proposal other players have come up with that suggested removal of Truebox once a server has unlocked Seeds of Destruction as that coincides with Mercenaries & an era of the game where the developers acknowledged that grouping was a lot harder is very reasonable.

Prior to that I don't see any good arguments for it.
    Bullsnooze likes this.
  9. Jarlaxlle New Member

I agree partially skuz, but with them releasing multiple other tlps with more of what people want doesn’t that risk the other tlps die out population wise before they can even make it to sod? I personally want to continue enjoying the game and the coming expansions but at this rate feels like some tlps will die before they get to the fun expansions. Removing the true box doesn’t hurt their bottom line all it would do is make the player base on coirnav happy.
  10. Rozza New Member

To me and many others the good reason for it is because they keep destroying the population on these servers by releasing 2-3 new tlp servers regularly and making it extremely difficult to stay where you are due to lack of players. Some of us would like to see some of the later expansions as we play through but they make it nearly impossible.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I do understand your fears & motivations, having experienced it myself on Ragefire when Phinigel opened & half my guild left for the new TLP, they had good reasons with AoC & Truebox but it still felt like a betrayal at the time & I quit Ragefire & didn't move to Phinigel right away but later followed to join my friends only for my friends to jump ship to other games or Mangler later on.

Phinigel was far less damaged by TLP that followed it mainly I think because they weren't anywhere near as big a change from Phinny as Phinny was from Ragefire, Phinny lost 1 or 2 guilds per expansion pretty much all the way from classic until RoF which is a remarkably steady decline rather than any big drop-offs.

I think Coirnav will be affected but again with the differences between Coirnav & Aradune not being that big I think your fears may be worse than what will actually transpire, unless you have a huge number of players openly saying they plan to quit Coirnav for Aradune & even then a bunch will not follow through & we have yet to see the scale of the queues Aradune may be hit with early on. Guild merges may be necessary but from my small knowledge of Coirnav you still have a few guilds around so enough players to support a couple of guilds at least, this isn't something to fear it's just how servers age.
  12. Jarlaxlle New Member

Coirnav wouldn’t be hurt as bad if they kept the pop lock on the two new servers. But they gave in and removed it due to complaints. So why not help the tlp out by removing true box or putting pop lock back in place on the new servers
  13. Jarlaxlle New Member

Don’t forget, they are helping other tlp with server merges and doing nothing for coirnav.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I get it, I'm sure Mangler Players will be feeling nervous too.
  15. ForumBoss Augur

I'm on Selos in the HoT expansion, and already have a bunch of computers from dealing with previous expansions and boxing. However I'd love for them to remove truebox , to add longevity for the server for others. I'm still fine trueboxing, but would love to save some power and desk space if they remove it. I don't hate truebox quite enough to re-roll on Rizlona, as going through the first several expansions is really a slog.

Maybe us Selos/Phinny trueboxers will join up when we're at Live and Rizlona is past the first several expansion a year later or so.
  16. Machen New Member

Anything is possible before a server launches. They very rarely change anything significant after it has launched. That said, I think it would be a step in the right direction if they decided to remove truebox on all servers once they reach TSS or SoD. There's really no need for it that late into the expansions, it hurts way more than it helps and most of the truebox advocates have quit by then.
    Skuz and Tucoh like this.
  17. Protagonist Tank

When they put the pillow over your server's face by launching Mangler and Selo, you should have got the hint on how the future would go.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  18. Machen New Member

This same could be said about every server that's been launched in the last eight years.
  19. Tweakfour17 Augur

At that rare of decline Coirnav's last guild will fold at the end of Seeds of Destruction :(
    Like others have mentioned the truebox fanatics have basically all left, would be nice to mitigate the drop off with easier access to more toons. Having to use multiple computers is just clunky and cumbersome (which I get is the point, but that has a shelf life)
  20. Protagonist Tank

Yes. It can. Which is why you should "get it" by now, for this one.