Selo UF flagging/loot was perfect. Can we get it for HoT/VoA?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pikollo, May 5, 2020.

1. Pikollo Augur

As the title says. As horrible as UF is the 2 raiding guilds were able to flag into Convorteum (One of which was able to farm it for 2-3 weeks, grats FC) due to the increased flag and gear drops on raids. Can we continue this trend on Selo for upcoming expansions? HoT is only 2/3 keys per raid depending on tier and VoA is an experience based unlock requiring a lot of completions to advance. Having the same rate as UF would allow the 2 guilds to get some end zone farming in before the next expansion.

IMO UF was right where the loot/flag drop amount should be on Selo as far as raiding goes. It helps a ton as we make our way through expansions on our way to live.
    KimchiGoddess and Yinla like this.
  2. KimchiGoddess Augur

As a former Selos player, would love to see this happen for you all. IMO all the flagging should be retooled for TLPs.
  3. Aueman Journeyman

This flagging has been boosted for those expansions and while it worked well for Phinigel I'm not sure its quite enough for Selos since you guys are getting a new expansion every month.
  4. VandilIzer Augur

HoT might be a small flagging challenge but shouldn't be a major thing if you can split a few of the lower tier things. Feerrot and Lower House flag 54 people for T2, T2 Well and Grounds can be easily split to boost flags per lockout, with EB and Lib you will have immediately enough people to do 1-2 splits of Lower house (which can be 1-2 grouped with solid people and drops 3 tier 2 and 5 tier 3 flags each run) which will drastically increase your flagging for CT. I would guess Selo will have enough Trem to be doing CT within a week since they have 2.5 day lockouts. From there the biggest barrier is enough CT / MC kills to get the SS flags.

Split CT and MC and within 2 weeks they should be in SS.

VoA is even easier since every raid period gives book clicks. The very start will be annoying since you still need 2 Argath clicks to hit T2 and 3 of those to hit T3 but again should be T4 book flags if you raid every lockout (which is my understanding as to what selos people do and makes sense) Argath day 1 then day 3, T2 flagged, Day 3 do T2 as well then and day 6 again for T3 flagged. T3 day 6 then day 9 do it all again for T4 then day 12ish for T4.5 flag (Sep). All the lower tier raids give book % clicks so if you're doing all T1-3 you will get T4 flag fast.

RoF is even easier since all that is required is the raids before, no keys so as long as you're clearing stuff you should be fine.

Loot wise you also get currency in VoA which with your reduced lockouts and the fact that they just double / trippled it should easily have you fully geared in era as fast as you were if not faster than UF.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Pikollo Augur

There are 2 raid guilds on Selo. FC and CI. FC split raids and CI does not. I know I'll get an elitist in here when I say this but. Playing on the "casual server" should not mean raiding 6-7 days a week so you can flag a raid to end zone in 3-4 weeks. UF was perfect. CI got into convorteum due to the flag/gear boost. FC Got into Convorteum and farmed it sufficiently to gear out. UF seemed like what Selo was supposed to be about. Squeezing 12 months of content into a month. But that gets a lot harder with flag chokes.

I still think flagging/keying is a huge oversight by the devs. Almost like Selo would not have last this long raiding wise. UF was a step in the right direction then went downhill in HoT and will be worse in VoA. Unless you raid 7 days a week and not casually like the server suggests.
  6. VandilIzer Augur

Yes UF was faster, but you arent required to raid 7 days and split to get through HoThule and VoA with 10+ days to farm the last zone, you do have to beat most of the raids quickly and likely raid 3 days a week to do it but since you're already getting double the flags from having 1/2 lockouts and since they boosted the flagging already you should be able to reasonably get Santum in HoT withiin 2-3 weeks and Sep within 2 weeks in VoA.
  7. Pikollo Augur

I get what you mean. And I (somewhat) agree with you. As you said Sanctum in 2-3 weeks. Lets say its 2 weeks. So thats 2 weeks of farming Sanctum (5 raids at the most?) before VoA. Which means what took 12 months for other servers originally you're squeezing into 4 weeks. You won't gear out Sanctum in 2 weeks before VoA hits as people did in original content. If flags/gear were upped like they were in UF you could not only hit Sanctum faster but also mostly gear out before VoA which is what 12 month expansion unlocks had intended for raiders.

Like I said I don't think the devs thought we'd be raiding this long on Selo and thought more people would be grouping to see the expansions. I have not personally ever seen anyone from EQ say this is why they do or do not do things for Selo. Either way (IMO) UF was right on the spot where flags/gear drops should have been for us.