Aradune seems legit for once

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kanuvan, May 5, 2020.

1. Kanuvan Elder

I mean its gonna be nice to not see mage armies in the newbie yard from the start, and i have no problem if someone wants to bring their rezbot along with them when we xp but those box armies simply should not exist on atleast 1 server

now you will see enchanters fighting over pets to charm very funny, i think regular groups of people can shine on aradune

enchanter/cleric is much less disruptive than 6 mages thats for sure!!! especially when all the enchanter are fighting for the backstabbing pets :X
    Ajjantis, KimchiGoddess and Boorman like this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

If the GMs can keep it legit it'll definitely be a good time. Easier said than done!
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

I know charm got nerfed, which was good for the casual, but that was far, far more toxic in my experience than mages. It seems like each successive TLP slowly creeps towards less toxic, which is nice to see.

The GM thing is interesting, but it's going to be a huge variable. Are they going to have someone who is in touch with what a TLP actually is?
  4. Spayce Augur

It's amusing to read how many folks are being bamboozled by the promise of GMs that will do anything other than cause more drama haha.

I can't wait to read the forums!
  5. Tacc Journeyman

One full time GM that understands TLP's could curb 99% of the people attempting to circumvent the 2 box rule and unattended play and people intentionally training. If you've played a couple TLP's and have a decent amount of general EQ knowledge it's pretty easy to spot these things. What it comes down to is how serious DPG is about policing this stuff and the quality of the GM they assign to Aradune. Remains to be seen. All I've seen so far is a bunch of skeptical nay-sayers. Can't necessarily say I blame them but I'm cautiously optimistic.
  6. Pawtato Augur

It’s been a pretty solid way to grab attention in the TLP sphere. It’s a shame though that customer support has to be listed as a feature. Good on them though for an attempt.

One question though, if they bust people for breaking the rules do they get to keep the Krono to use similar to drug busts?
    Dunamys and KimchiGoddess like this.
  7. Gremin Augur

All previous Truebox servers have had box armies, nothing is going to stop them. If the gm is on a set schedule the armies will just play the other 16 hours. Moneys involved, and we all know that keeps the armies showing up.
    Machen likes this.
  8. wade_watts Augur

You guys really had a different experience than I had in prior TLP's. Mage armies running around the newbie yard was literally the lowest of my concerns. Regular groups of people shined on all of the prior TLP's. I don't think I was ever disrupted by 6 mages throughout leveling a dozen characters across the last 4 TLP's.

I guess I had it really good in comparison because I didn't realize box armies were out there ruining everyone elses experience, mowing through their camps and KSing them nonstop.

Sounds like you should be really excited this time for a much different experience!
    code-zero and jeskola like this.
  9. KimchiGoddess Augur

I get that charm pets are OP and that's the reason why a lot of people either play an enchanter or do the enchanter/cleric duo. Personally when I play an enchanter I live for the crowd control aspect of it and pulling a win out of a wipe. I did the cleric/ench combo on Agnarr and I don't think I even charmed a thing until sometime into my 40s. Of course I was leveling up with a friend who was playing a druid and a tank, so we didn't need to rely on the charm pet tanking. Sure it would have added DPS but our gear was utter crap and I couldn't take a hit ;p
  10. Sikkun Augur

1-2 money camps means they are everywhere on the forums! There will still be posts complaining that efreeti is locked down, ice giants has someone there 24/7, and Rathe Mountain is a hell hole.

Boxing, no boxing....it’s all the same people. Expect the same results.
    Pawtato likes this.
  11. Beep Elder

All of my negative interactions of things being stolen/griefed were just individuals/groups of too. There's a decent size chunk of players that derive pleasure and self worth from being menacing on the internet. Probably filling voids of control they have in their actual lives. If anything I expect Aradune to be worse in this regard than any previous TLP.
    Pawtato likes this.
  12. Kanuvan Elder

when your guild gets outdpsed and you lose the dragon you were camping for weeks or your raid leader ninja loots your entire guild they wont care, they are simply there to stop you from 6 boxing and thats the beauty of the server, its the only TLP server to have a enforced 2 character per person rule and thats all they are going to enforce

so lots of hilarious drama that doesnt effect normal people and only those who are for some reason still enslaved to this 20 year old games loot slot machine system, the GM's will just be there to take out the bot armies and thats it

thats why the other TLP are overlooked, because they didnt have a enforced rule on boxing, and there was 6 boxers taking every croc in Oasis of Mar and jumping from instance to instance in lguk trying to steal frenzied ghoul when i played on agnar so yes it was effecting me and others and you were not in some magical TLP where it didnt exist, you were just in your own little bubble
  13. wade_watts Augur

Well, it happened to you once at frenzy in guk. Sounds like a system-wide pandemic of game-breaking behavior. I'm amazed that you made it out with only minimal trauma.

For the record, a 2-box can very effectively steal your FBSS also. May want to calibrate your expectations going in.
  14. a_librarian Augur

The box armies grind to cap the instant the server launches then monopolize cash camps for the rest of the servers life. If you aren't capped and competing for high value camps then you probably never ran into them. The more likely people to ruin your casual leveling experience are just two boxing jerks pulling all of Unrest to PL their alts.
  15. Xeris Augur

When you said 'Aradune seems legit for once' did you mean that Aradune used to not be legit and now it is legit? That implies that Aradune has been around before. Or, did you mean that the Aradune ruleset will make it a legit server amongst other servers that are not legit? Also, what does 'legit' mean to you? Are you implying that other servers are.... fake? Or not legal?

Aradune will be just as toxic as other servers. Even if someone can't 100 box, there will be enough bad eggs and griefers that you won't be able to tell the difference.
  16. Creedmonk Augur

Anyone who thinks that Aradune will be bot free and that a GM will be policing the server is in for a rude awakening.

What will happen is a GM is going to get backlogged on reports, once he or she finally finds time to respond he or she will message the accused, if they get a response from them or even remotely suspects that they are a tiny bit human, the ticket will be closed.

Now multiply this by 1000 times a day and the forums are going to be an interesting place.
  17. Tucoh Augur

A GM could pretty much just ignore reports, teleport around to the $$$ camps, see if anyone is egregiously boxing/botting, server-move them to Rizlona and it'll have a massive impact.

Bonus points if they maintain a sticky thread on this forum where they publicly post all the characters on that person's accounts.
    Barton likes this.
  18. Laronk Augur

I think we should assume and expect the dedicated GMs to actually enforce the afk / more than 2 box rule. Sure they actually have to catch the person afk but lets not complain about them doing a poor job until we're a few days into the server guys.
    KimchiGoddess and Tucoh like this.
  19. Creedmonk Augur

If you think they are going to do that then you're wrong. They will need to investigate... What they will most likely be handling would be the LARGE bot armies that people report, the 7+ armies. What they will do for the smaller ones is what I said above which is what they have always done in the past over excessive reports and nothing ever happens because that group of people sets up audio triggers for tells and just responds to the GM...

Either way just wait and see!
  20. Tucoh Augur

Wait and see is right, I've long stopped trying to predict what DPG will do. They aren't rational actors.
    KimchiGoddess and Creedmonk like this.