Unable to Change Chat Color

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Tirpitz, May 3, 2020.

1. Tirpitz New Member

I've been unable to change the color of Melee Critical hits in the chat window. I'm on the test server. It shows in the options menu the color has been change, but when I get a critical hit its the same as my normal hits color. Also, when I right click the chat window and go to filters>melee there are two entries for melee critical. However when you click on one, it also activates the other. If I try to move the melee crits back to the original main chat window, they actually remain in the chat box I set up for melee regardless of what the filter says.

I've tried changing the color, logging out, and logging back in. I've gone from my custom UI to default. I've tried changing the color of my normal hits, and when I do that the criticals change to match it. I've got hits mode set to normal, not abbreviated as well. I also tried to look for the entry in the UI_Player_Test.ini file, but was unable to find it where it was in that file, if at all. A friend of mine has the exact same problem. When asking in general chat the person who responded said they had no issues changing the color of their crits. Nothing we've done seems to change the color of critical hits, it's rather frustrating. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  2. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

That filter doesn't work any more, melee crits can't be colored or moved separately from other hits.
  3. Tirpitz New Member

Thank you for the reply Sirene_Fippy.
  4. Sabyre New Member

Why exactly?
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This post is 3 years old and things may have changed. But its easy to test out for your self.

If you go into options -chat - select category melee then you will see the option to change the color for crits there. Did not test if it actually goes thru, I will leave that to you.

For the message, if you click your chat filter and go to melee then you can see "critical" hits which you can move to which window you want.
  6. Sabyre New Member

Yeah, have done that already. 3 years old, but still relevant. When selecting an alternate color for melee crits they remain white.