ToV t3 ranger weapons

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Snowverlord, May 1, 2020.

1. Snowverlord New Member

Looking ahead for something to work towards, what would the best Velium Infused weapons be for MH/OH? Looking at the procs, the remote healing hammer to help the tank out/myself when solo, but is that overkill? Should both procs be DPS driven?
  2. Chopin.Xegony Augur

Velium spear for main hand

Then the bow for ranged.
    Greymantle and Ilulawen like this.
  3. Snowverlord New Member

Offhand just DPS proc? None of the fancy “heals your targets target” stuff?
  4. dubblestack Elder

When bowing, tome of obulus in offhand and a sympathetic proc in primary
  5. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

look at the magelo's for selections, they vary based on play style. and many people bandolier based on melee vs ranged , or tanking etc .

velium enhanced axe is also good for meleeing

velium enhanced club is a good primary with obulus in secondary when bowing, nice sympathetic proc.

velium enhanced club is a good primary with raid shield if tanking more difficult mobs that you wont survive with a 2 hander.

If you can tank mobs without a shield then a slow high damage 2 hander ( like stormfury ) is more dps.

one thing that can also be helpful is to farm all of the group versions and compare their applicaitons, parsing, tanking, reposting etc.

weapons in missions drop a lot so farming them should be quick. compare how they perform.

I tested most of the t2 group weapons on yellow con giants and named in kael to compare performance. While tanking, I did note that the 2 hander life tap which is lower delay but lower damage seemed to perform worse than the higher delay higher damage 2 hander in both dps and survivability.
  6. SeanorFV New Member

If you use a tome of obulus at 115 as a ranger you should quit the game. Use sympathetic weapons when bowing.
    Ilulawen likes this.
  7. Khrizen New Member

Depends what you want to do? ToV mobs stun super easy, run 2 stuns proc with the highest level is my suggestion if you are trying to tank as ranger, or letting any non war/knight do the work. If you want dps, run 19 delays with the best elemental proc (or best proc vs debuff your regular group has?). Ranger melee is behind bow for sure, so it's #2 option.. if you have to do it run stun+stun, or heal target's target twice at worst. By two, I mean make the best for prim, 2nd best for off.
  8. Khrizen New Member

PS - SeanorFV obulus is better than any offhand dmg proc for a ranger, 4k dmg + mana return? .. ? :p

not sure if you're a ranger.. but 2 proc better than one when it really counts ( so much love to wiz manaburn debuff )

If it's shorter than that who cares, but ranger spam over time needs that mana return unless you want to afk every 5 min.
    McGraw likes this.
  9. SeanorFV New Member

Ask any raiding ranger who's right. I'll be here waiting for an apology. Go parse before you claim to know things.
  10. dubblestack Elder

Lol, we run out of Mana in less than a minute, I'll keep my obulus, u can keep playing on fv.
  11. SeanorFV New Member

Sounds like you're in group gear then because there is 0% chance you burn through 270k (or more) mana in 1 minute with cheetah running. Enjoy that sweet 400 (lol) mana return and stay in 20th place on the parse.
  12. Derka Power Ranger

If you're in group gear and don't have mana support, you could easily blow through a full mana bar on a cheetah. With that being said, tome has a 4k sympathetic and mana return. Group sympathetic is 3600. Which is better? Now since you're raid geared and probably have support, then yes going with a 4400 raid weapon sympathetic beats the tome. People are speaking vaguely about two separate types of characters.
    McGraw likes this.
  13. dubblestack Elder

Nah I'm top 10 on magelo, didn't buy my gear either, if you have mana you're probably not burning, get better. Post a parse with comparisons, if none then you're just talk talk talk
  14. Fintank Augur

The 2HP weapon is most definitely the optimal route to take for both Archery and Melee currently (outside Imbued Ferocity). The proc rate for both the Cone of the Mystics and Book of Obulus are rather abysmal. Their only saving grace before ToV was the lack of a better option aside from the Darkened Trakanon's Tooth 1HP from the Anniversary Raid. As rangers seeing any form of mana return is something to jump on. However, the mana's usefulness is relative to how much DPS it will create.

Cone of the Mystics proc rate is roughly 6-8 PPM (Roughly 1500-2000 Mana)
    Tome of Obulus proc rate is roughly 5-6 PPM (Roughly 2000-2400 Mana + 60k dmg depending on crits)
    Velium Enhanced Spear proc rate is roughly 28-32 PPM (Roughly 1mil dmg depending on crits)

The above values are from me parsing them out just spamming Summer's alone. Their actual data during a raid/group will be different. As the 2 pure arrow nuke lines we have will not trigger them, nor will Alliance/Covenant.

But with that information we have enough to do some math and draw some conclusions that should be for the most part correct. We're just going to use Summer's to go off of though, I can't remember the last time I didn't have enough mana to hit the arrow nukes!

Just Cone - Approximately 1 extra Summer's Cast per minute (RNG based on symp procs/crits around 160-250k)
    Just Tome - Approximately 1 extra Summer's Cast per minute (RNG based on symp procs/crits around 160-250k + roughly 60k from Tome's proc)
    Cone + Tome - Approximately 2 extra Summer's Cast per minute (RNG based on symp procs/crits around 320-500k + roughly 60k from Tome's proc)

Worth noting it doesn't *appear* that Obulus Soothing can twincast nor Mystic's Alleviation. The Wave of Poison sympathetic can, which helps it get its hefty lead.

Cone - Maxing around 250k extra damage per minute
    Tome - Maxing around 310k extra damage per minute
    Cone+Tome - Maxing around 560k extra damage per minute
    2HP - Maxing around 1m extra damage per minute
    DW (For those interested) - Maxing around 760k extra damage per minute

Overall I think the take away should mainly be that 2HP is for DPS. You can use Tome all day if you want but its net mana return is extremely low and isn't going to do much extra for you than just using the better DPS setup. You can kill an extra mob faster or you can fight an extra mob for slightly longer is the difference between the two at the end of the day on a very long parse.
    Lanedora, Ilulawen, McGraw and 8 others like this.
  15. SeanorFV New Member

Top 10 on magelo LOL. magelo means nothing.

Thank you Fin for telling these "know-it-all Rangers" they are wrong.

Fin > Your top 10 "ranger"
  16. dubblestack Elder

Thanks Fin, appreciate the work. Guess I'll be going for a 2hp. Always go off your stuff.

Hp /Mana matters, now all of a sudden it doesn't? It does appear you didn't personally parse anything.
  17. SeanorFV New Member

I'm not the one stating Rangers run out of mana in 1 minute, which is fake news. Keep noobing it up #alltalk
  18. Zandez Lorekeeper

I'm a raiding ranger full raid gear using 1 handed Velium Enhanced Short Spear in main and 1 handed Velium Enhanced Axe in off procing augs in both of course. Yes I'm typically always in top 10 parse, typically 3rd-5th. Anyone else able to validate 2hp does more dps then combo I'm using atm?
  19. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

What is the raid group make up that a 2HP does more damage than a 1HP/1HS?
  20. Fintank Augur

Most of them.