your killing me smalls,

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Anihilator-Emarr, May 1, 2020.

1. Galarian Elder

I wonder how the Crush Crush servers are holding up...
  2. KalbicWidmer New Member

Sorry, no I don't code for computers. I've spent 25 years studying and developing immunotherapy drugs for cancer treatments and we are currently in our clinical trials with cryopreserved haNK. Thank God I'm not working with anything as difficult as old computer code.
  3. Sikkun Augur

Why haven’t you cured cancer yet. Must be lazy.
    Xenze and Kovachs like this.
  4. Anduven Journeyman

Yikes. This has to be one of the top most insecure posts I've seen on this forum to date.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  5. KalbicWidmer New Member

We have cured many cancers, they are all different and it's far more complicated than computer code I assure you.
  6. Sikkun Augur

Don’t need excuses for your sloppy lazy work. Get back at it.
    Goburs and Kovachs like this.
  7. KalbicWidmer New Member

When you write code I imagine you get to test it immediately, correct? When you are working with molecular and immunotherapy drugs you have to run clinical trials that take many years. Imagine you create a patch but before you release that patch you must test it for a minimum of a year to make sure it works, that's what our lab does.
  8. Nadisia Augur

Sure, totally agree.
    And it's sometimes kinda hard to find reluctant and infrequent bugs.

From a coder point of view, I'd really love to see some portions of their 21 yo spaghetti code, to get a real vision of what Hell could be :D

But ... it doesn't change the fact that the current situation sucks.
    Since the data migration, it's very unstable, and also crashy / laggy, even on kinda low pop servers (Vox in my case).
    I can't imagine the situation on big servers like Xegony when on Vox, mobs in GD are already acting like this :

:p
  9. Whulfgar Augur

I absolutely 100% agree it sucks ..

But its not a reason to try to dog on the people who continue to give us new content over. Stuff happens. Adult up .. or go try an fix it yourself. This is all I'm saying =)
  10. Sikkun Augur

You have to go further. It’s not their code, it’s someone else’s code. And did they write comments? Hell no, people don’t actually do that, they just tell everyone else they should. And can you call the person? Ha no they have been gone for 19 years, actually they didn’t even write it their summer intern wrote half of it and no one even remember what their name was. Then Steve spend 10 years adding new systems on top of that. But he thought everyone else was stupid, but he got credit for lines of code he submitted, so he just committed our large portions of others people code that he rewrote to make the whole program bigger.

Then Sarah didn’t like how some people use camel case and others didn’t, but she got fired before fixing all the variables so no one really knows which ones were changed and which ones were not. And Jack was writing some cool stuff but the uppers wouldn’t give him a raise so we are pretty sure he sabotaged a couple systems before going to work with those other guys.

And sadly now it’s been so long everyone applying for jobs has never even wrote code in the languages we used...they keep saying we should rewrite the whole game in python or something. While the DoD and Banks are really struggling to find COBOL programmers, which we need also, but they pay way more than us so we can’t hire any of them.
  11. Nadisia Augur

Yep, agreed again.
    I take it easy, and won't never yell over the poor techs, or devs, because they're fighting against some stuff that is prolly beyond them.
    Not because they suck, but a 21 yo code, patched, repatched, modified, etc : WHAT THE HECK IS THIS ?!?!? :D
    minimind likes this.
  12. Zamiam Augur

If its a coding thing , great I dont blame the dev's im grateful they keep this game going for the past 21 years , however if its a server thing cause their isp keeps having issues due to the fact they chose a cheap server when they merged them then thats on them .
    Whulfgar likes this.
  13. feeltheburn Augur

Wonder how some of these that whine and bout the game for nonsense react when the store is out of bread??? or how they really are gonna complain when there is no EQ and then wish maybe they had not bit_ _ d so much. Play the game while its still here , STILL giving new content and move on already for the love of God.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Whulfgar like this.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I read the title & thought "Ye Gods, someone has underpants on that are so tight it is about to be fatal, let me get my scissors!"

Tatanka likes this.