Necromancer AA Death's Effigy - NERF

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Yarmeth, May 1, 2020.

1. Yarmeth Journeyman

So quiet. No one is even talking about it. Now it only clears aggro on mobs that are up to 5 levels HIGHER than you. It no longer works on equal or lesser level mobs.

Can someone point me to the release note that stated the change?
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I don't think you are reading the aa description correctly. At 115, it works for mobs level 1 through 120

The changes in every classes Fade ability hit about 6 months ago:

October 16, 2019

*** AA ***
    - All - Made the following changes to fade abilities for retuning and to provide a more consistent experience:
    -- All AA escape abilities now have a 100% chance to succeed on opponents up to 5 levels above the caster.
    -- Escape abilities trigger their secondary invisibility or sanctuary buffs regardless of proximity to attackers.
    -- Escape abilities will reduce the amount of hatred any NPC the caster fails to escape from by 1 million points.
    -- Escape abilities now have higher reuse times and resource costs for most classes, as this better reflects our vision for these abilities.

Remember that dot aggro changes a bit ago so if you try to fade a mob with dots on it, it's just going to reaggro on the next tick. This might be what you are seeing if you think the fade isn't working.
    Petalonyx likes this.
  3. Kalipto Augur

Haha I wasn't gonna tell him. But now that the cats out of the bag - yeah you just misread the description, calm down. Why would they make FD only work on super high level mobs? Some people.