Truebox - 2 Per Person?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xyla, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Xyla Journeyman

My wife plays and trying to get my son to play something old school so I can show him how soft all his games are these days.

Can I still play 2 with them at same time? or am I going to get punished for trying to involve family to play.
  2. Jontrann Augur

From my understanding its 2 accounts per ip, if you want to play more then that play on rizona.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Xyla Journeyman

Dont really want to play with the mass boxers. I am looking foward to bunch of people in the LFG for once.
  4. Zansobar Augur

It's not clear how they are checking for this, but the intent is max of 2 characters played at the same time from one person using two different physical computers.
  5. Sikkun Augur

Your son might show you how soft murdering frogs for 30 hours in one spot without moving is.
    Chikkin likes this.
  6. jeskola pheerie

They have never said two accounts per IP.
  7. Xyla Journeyman

Have you seen newer games hand holding :p

And I was talking about epic quests and such that really dont exist in modern games.
  8. jeskola pheerie

It should be per person, but it needs to be clarified to disspell rumors and confusion.
  9. Xyla Journeyman

Wish a dev would let me know for certain.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Think of it as being as close to no-box as they could get without hurting couples who play - and there are many of those.

So, you & a box = 2
    You & one other person = 2

If it is you & one other person you already have an advantage over a single player with a single box.

Puts way more people on an even footing.
    code-zero likes this.
  11. Tucoh Augur

Truth is that devs probably don't know yet either.
  12. wade_watts Augur

If they let you know for certain, people will find a way to avoid it.

That said - there are a finite number of ways to detect this. Assuming they aren't filtering 2 per IP and consequently isolating a whole group of people that have multiple people in a home that play, I'm pretty sure it's going to be truebox detection + honor system with GM enforcement.
  13. Inictus Elder

14. Jontrann Augur

KimchiGoddess likes this.
  15. Geoff Journeyman

Me and the many foster children I just adopted love playing EQ together. It was fortunate that i had all of these extra laptops from Mangler to give them two each. Since we are a family of gamers our actions are very in sync and we pride ourselves on being able to take down targets for high value loot for long periods of time. See you there!
    Arclyte likes this.
  16. Jontrann Augur

I cant wait for authority to roll up on aradune with his excuse that his 12 wives are all boxing 2 characters ;)
  17. Arclyte Augur

just need sam to show up with his 14 lady friends 2 boxing who have been coerced with meth and jack daniels to kill orcs and frogs for 12 hours a day.
    Rebelicious and Tucoh like this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

At least we've had clarification now on how many you may box there.
  19. jeskola pheerie

I see a 10-box setup right here to start

[IMG]
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  20. Numzan Augur

Very true, i think its being restricted to 2 per person attended accounts. Unattended seems you will get banned no matter what you do for exploiting the rule set.