Making it clear, Please DBG

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vicus, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Vicus Augur

Look, trying to go back and discuss about FV/PVP, seasonal, ect seems kinda pointless because we know what you guys are shooting for an honestly we love 95% of it except for the pop lock.

So to make it clear:

Aradune-
    Everything you are giving us is going to be a great server, but only if you take away the PoP Lock. We want to experience all the expansions. You give Aradune a good name with the GM support and locking the IP's to 2. Just state that you will stop supporting the server with the GM's at LDON. Everyone will understand because after that many of the raids/missions become instant anyways so there is less reason for people to complain.

Rizlona-
    Everything was perfect up until PoP-Lock. So many were excited in the discord but boxing doesn't even get into it's own stride till after GoD.

These two servers without pop lock will be very well populated and your playerbase will be happy. Please reconsider and please dont wait long to tell us because people are already making other plans.
    Skuz and Shagroth like this.
  2. Zargo Journeyman

IMHO, Leave Aradune pop locked because this is the era of EQ Brad had the most influence and it was the style of EQ that he wanted and what we all loved to play. Merge it with Agnarr when the pop gets low and that will end up with a pop locked server with a decent pop for those that want to enjoy such things such as myself.

Rizlona unlock it and let the boxers and progress hungry have a field day!
    Bailen and Skuz like this.
  3. Vicus Augur

Totally get it as it pays tribute but while the server is what he would want to play on....at the end of the day 90% of the playerbase doesnt want to play agnarr again. Aradune has the potential to be their best grossing tlp without poplock. Giving gm support to LDON is enough tribute...Brad was also a big fan of listening to the playerbase. Lock it at DoDH if you feel you must lock it but anything prior just cuts out so much of the game. Be proud of all your expansions (except PoR).
    Shagroth and Noreaster like this.
  4. Zargo Journeyman

I think you mean 10% of the player base that just happens to be the vocal majority. See I can also pull numbers out of a hat too! Daybreak is a company. Companies like to pay their employees and make money. So please explain to me why your data is more accurate then Daybreaks? Do you think they like less money or more money? TLP servers classic - ldon is what the majority want and what the majority are willing to pay for and Daybreak knows that. Their numbers don't lie or otherwise they would be releasing what the few vocal people on this forum want. You can't make it any more obvious then that.
  5. Zinth Augur

he might mean those 90% that no longer play on Agnarr because pop-lock was boring after being stuck in pop for 3-4 months?
  6. Zargo Journeyman

And where do you think those 90% went? You think they went on to the next hot tlp server? I bet they did. And guess what they are going to do when the next hot tlp server gets released? Pop locked or not these people are going to come and they are going to go. Where the server stops doesn't matter when no one is going to be there anyways after a certain point. Then they merge it with Agnarr and boom problem solved! We get a pop locked server with according to your numbers a 20% pop compared to a 10% pop that either one or the other had and they make money. It's a win/win for them.
  7. sauron69 Lorekeeper

Just my opinion but at least for me when I played on Agnarr it was a novelty server to me. That illusion was quickly dispelled after 6 months in PoP lol. I'm guessing alot feel the same way and dont want to do it again.

I think people just don't like being limited in general, regardless if the chronic rerollers always drop off by that era. There's still alot that stay. The several raid guilds still going strong on alot of the older TLP's are a testament to that.
  8. Vicus Augur

O give me a break. This would fly if it was a FV server or Agnarr it's first go around but NO ONE wanted this. Some people might settle for it but no one asked for it. Members for DPG's own focus group stated that the Box server should be allowed to go to live and that the Gm enforced Truebox server should be seasonal. People from the focus group even posted yesterday stating that they are upset with the outcome of these servers because it was not the feedback they provided.

As for Daybreak being a "business", Miragul was also their idea and we told them that Truebox was going to ruin the server for the late expansions, they did not agree and that server has 1 raiding guild on it at launch. Business make mistakes, how you deal with those mistakes are how you can thrive or go under.
    topple and Skuz like this.
  9. Zinth Augur

They go to a server that fits their wishes the most... I went to Phinny... none after that could pull me away... Then they announce a "boxing" server and then cripple it to make it pointless, so we are stuck with true-boxing which just means more computers, more crap on the desk, more power usage etc. etc. (super smart in a world where hype about being "green" is so massive) it took them AGES to go away from having to be online to run your trader (great power saver) and then they go on to make true-box which didn't remove the TRUE problem because people are too stoopid to know the difference between botter and boxer and they keep screaming for "no boxing" servers but it doesn't remove the botters... they could have given us boxers a server long ago but nooooo can't do that... all we wanted was a TLP with AoC's and none of this true-box idiocy... and maybe even free trade.... and then they come up with Rizlona? which isn't even a real solution to what people wanted.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Zinth Augur

yeah if you make a mistake you try to FIX it, not just ignore it.
  11. Vicus Augur

Merging into a low population server in 1.5 years doesn't fix anything. It's low pop now, in 1.5 years it will be extremely low especially since there will be two other PoP lock servers. Agnarr FTP was the real answer (as they have doubled their playerbase with the FTP promo...that only concretes it even more).
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Vicus Augur

Thank you so much for listening and adapting. I am impressed honestly. You acted within 24 hours vice multiple days and that says a lot. Both servers will be successful. The TLP discord vibe changed instantly.
  13. Machen New Member

It depends what the question is. Agnarr ftp brought more players this month but not necessarily more money., quite likely even less since they lost some sub money from existing agnarr players that were able to cancel subs for now...
  14. Numzan Augur

Actually that is not true, he mentioned before that he was on the project for awhile.
  15. Herf Augur

Being from Agnarr, I don't call it FTP, I call it "try before you buy" :)
  16. Vicus Augur

That works too. But now Agnarr is the only show in town for Pop lock, so the people that wanted to buy because they enjoyed their time won't be torn between Aradune and Agnarr, which I think it helps all three servers this way.
  17. Vicus Augur

I can see this. I find it harder to go from sub to FTP when I'm actively raiding and such but if I was just casual FTP would be, ok (naw id never go FTP). But while this could be a neg or positive for DPG profit, the server health would be better and it could be the "official" FTP TLP server. Be much easier as a new player to catch up to Pop then it would be for a new player (they are rare but do exist) to catch up to live. Live just seems like a Tsumani of content right at you, Pop not so much.
  18. Qucian New Member

I just find it incredibly ironic that they say they don't even want to bother trying to make a free trade TLP (FVIE) because it's only a vocal "minority" that talk about wanting it, BUT will make 2 servers that I've never seen anyone else ask for after Agnarr to be PoP locked and somehow justify it and spend the resources on it?? Sometimes DPG's logic just confuses the crap out of me. Now they have to backtrack and remove the PoP portion because of the backlash for creating servers that damn near nobody asked for.

Please make a FREE TRADE TLP. This is what I've wanted this whole time, and whenever there's buzz around new TLPs in game in general channels, not just saying the forums it's always excitedly talked about a free trade TLP server between others.
    Darkenr, Scourch and Khiandri like this.
  19. Khiandri New Member

Agreed 100%
  20. Scourch New Member

It is amusing isn't it? Free Trade TLP please. :)