Mangler... C'mon Y'all

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Failure, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Failure New Member

I've literally lost count of how many times Mangler has crashed over the last few days. So many rollbacks, so much xp lost, so many blown DZ's halting my guild's progression. We pay to play here. How about some DZ resets or some kind of compensation? This is ridiculous.
    Nocolitsia likes this.
  2. Runes Augur

This is such B.S .by now with all the number and frequency of crashes for Mangler do you think its time to say you are investigating an ongoing issue that you cannot pull your heads outta your Arses to fix instead of saying you are investigating a POTENTIAL issue?
    Nocolitsia likes this.
  3. Idget Lorekeeper

Instead of saying there investigating a potential issue they should say an ongoing issue lol.
    Nocolitsia likes this.
  4. spoopy Journeyman

at this point, Darkpaw=Tubbins.

gotta screw everyone else over so everyone buys their loots from them straight up.
    Nocolitsia likes this.
  5. KimchiGoddess Augur

I'm tired of them not responding to us or saying a word about things OR offering anything in apology. Give us a months worth of XP bonus for putting up with this crap.
    Nocolitsia likes this.
  6. Folded New Member

Needs to be a fix for lockout timers. Getting full 7 day replays for crashes, and getting every one of our raids crashed...
    Nocolitsia likes this.
  7. Unifex New Member

Looks like I picked a bad time and server to come back to EQ a week ago, after 16 years! Do you think it might improve after 8 May when the open access ends? It does seem like capacity issues, noting the other servers don't seem to be fairing so badly in my short time playing. Or is the 'normal' do you think? Im loving the nostalgia but probably wont persevere if this is an ongoing issue. I have a lot less rec time nowadays so its sort of valuable :)
    Nocolitsia likes this.
  8. Lachnar Elder

Yea, I mean I played back in luclin when things were almost as bad, but they seemed like they actually gave a crap at that point, now we just get like semi-passive-aggressive answers every so often from the one guy manning the forums, when he feels like it. My instinct is to be a huge EQ apologist but this is a real bummer to come back to the game to and I probably won't resub past this month =/.
    Nocolitsia likes this.
  9. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

Our Guild should not be having discussion on whether to launch a DZ and raid, worried we will be locked out of the DZ, rolled back, and lose all the loot that was DKPd out because of this going on every other night. We have lost confidence in DBG's ability to fix this. This is terrible customer service.
    Nocolitsia and Xanathol like this.
  10. KimchiGoddess Augur

I find there's way way way less communication from people with red names on these forums since Holly left. Even from dreamweaver and I used to see him comment lots. Now we get the odd update via the patcher notification. Not a fan of the Jchan era myself.
    Nocolitsia likes this.
  11. luddace New Member

They really have no clue what they're doing. Just going through the motions.
    Nocolitsia likes this.
  12. PotatoPowa Elder

Terrible customer service is nothing new for these people, even when your "holly" was here. I was suspended along with many others for VMware programs being present on a machine, although not being used to circumvent any rules. And was given no apology or compensation. This is karma. EQ will die because of bad karma. Ha ha ha, justice is served.
    Nocolitsia likes this.
  13. Gafgarion Elder

It isn't just mangler that has issues. It has nothing to do with Luclin era, and very little to do with server load. It's the new hosting they migrated to recently imo.
    Nocolitsia likes this.
  14. Nocolitsia New Member

We honestly need another xp weekend just to make up for the lost time from server downtime at this point.
  15. KimchiGoddess Augur

Bonus XP week at least. More like month.
    Nocolitsia likes this.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

This thread is a testament to how addictive eq is.
    Nocolitsia likes this.
  17. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

To be fair dreamweavers is extremely active on the EQ discord, to the point of being surprisingly accessible. Even showed up late last Saturday night when the Mangler login queue broke. We do get a lot of vague, canned answers though which is pretty out of DW's control.

I'd love to see something done to mitigate the lost DZ's from these crashes while they are fixing the underlying server issues. Ideally just removing the Replay Timer we get upon initially requesting an Agent of Change instance would be great. We'd still get individual boss lockouts, and we'd still get a full zone Replay Timer after defeating the final boss. We'd also still get trash Loot Lockout to prevent abusing these DZ's for phat group named loots or vendor loots. Then if the server crashed midway through your raid DZ, you could at least jump back into it when the server is back up and finish the remaining boss targets.
    Nocolitsia likes this.
  18. Court Elder

Apparently posting 800 new threads every time the server goes down about how upset you are and how much you want compensation isn’t doing anything, so maybe try something different?
    Nocolitsia likes this.
  19. Xeris Augur

According to Einstein, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results. Seems like a lot of people on these forums fit this category.

Yep, Mangler crashes frequently, it's a minor inconvenience. People's dz are getting messed up, boo hoo. Go watch TV.
  20. Lowlife Lorekeeper

Nothing about this is a minor inconvenience. You're the insane one.