Mangler Crashes - AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pimento, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Pimento Lorekeeper

Crashed after opening a DZ
  2. Themono New Member

Maybe if they stopped "investigating problems" and fixed them.... :(
  3. Nocolitsia New Member

Nice, Finished my justice trial, on the way to Mavuin, then the server crashes.
  4. Smallhands Elder

Thanks a lot for bringing FREE TO LEECH players back!
    PotatoPowa and Runes like this.
  5. yerm Augur

OPTION 1: They decided to put the far and away most profitable server which generates piles of krono and cash shop sales onto the worst platform for some reason.

OPTION 2: Something is being done on mangler that is causing the server to crash, eg there are just SO many botters constantly pinging commands or etc, and it's not actually the physical server darkpaw put mangler on.
  6. Pimento Lorekeeper

This POS server was crashing prior to FTP. It's just worse now.

Jason Epstein please hire someone competent to fix this issue
  7. Themono New Member

The server crashes have been a problem for more than 5 months now. They started pretty consistently at the same time on the same day of the week and got worse long before the free to play promo started.
  8. Themono New Member

I've been leaning towards option 2 for a LONG time. Its hard to believe any company would sustain this type of repeated failure on their own hardware without resolving the issue. It was also pretty apparent early on when these crashes happened around the same time every Saturday night.
  9. Runes Augur

Ya isnt it funny yet there are people here posting that it has nothing to do with the load on the server that is is an "endemic" problem.
  10. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Didn't the server crashes increase frequency once Luclin/the Bazaar launched?
  11. PotatoPowa Elder

Last couple of days, every time I go through Sirens, there's 6 or 7 picks open, full of 16-18 "players" each. There's your bot army.
  12. PotatoPowa Elder

Not like this.
  13. Folded New Member

And then again when PoP launched, and then again when they opened the flood gates for free players. Luclin I feel like it was a crash a week. Early PoP it was maybe every 3 days. Now its 12-24 hours between crashes, and seem inevitable on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday when a ton of the guilds raid.
  14. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

The problem is server load. Allowing free access made it even worse.

I was just playing in Field of Bone. Over 33 people leveling in the zone. Before free to play, there would be around 10 at any given time.
  15. PotatoPowa Elder

How is it that Sony used to have over 2k players per server online at a time in EQ's heyday and they did not crash as often as this?
  16. KimchiGoddess Augur

There's way less communication from people running this stuff since Holly left I found. Even dreamweaver posts are extremely decreased from what I've seen as a lurker for the last year or more.
  17. Lachnar Elder

Sony had a lot more resources than dumbfuck games which is in the business of buying old games and squeezing every dime they can out of them before shutting them down.
  18. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

I would wager the virus may have something to do with the low profile of employees. All companies are being effected by the social distancing guidelines.
  19. Lachnar Elder

If I can post on the forums from home while quarantined then an employee of the company should have if anything less trouble.
  20. Gafgarion Elder

It's the new hosting they migrated to imo