Bring Holly BACK

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Arathorx, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Arathorx New Member

When Holly was running the show, the servers weren't a total S Show. The constant server crashes. The roll backs are absolutely just killing this game right now.

People are seriously upset. Lost lockouts, lost loot, lost guild invited members on rosters. LOSS OF OUR MINDS at this point.

WE NEED STABILITY IF THIS GAME HAS ANY CHANCES OF SUCCEEDING
  2. Protagonist Tank

I "get" that reality takes a break at the door on this forums, but if you think they can remotely compete with Blizzard for employee benefits and pay packages, you're in a special category.
    eepok, Nennius and Ulrin like this.
  3. Xeris Augur

also, this isn't unusual... 2017-2018 ish, servers were crashing like this after every patch.
    Wyre Wintermute and eepok like this.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Holly left weeks ago.

How long has mangler been crashing?
    Wyre Wintermute and Nennius like this.
  5. Barder-mangler Augur

Holly is already gainfully employed at Blizzard, working on wow classic. I’d say she is gone for good because they are just at the beginning of their “classic cycle.”
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

Are you implying that Holly did something on the way out the door so the servers would crash with her gone or that JChan is doing something that makes the server unstable? I get that it sucks but I dont see the link between stability and Holly/JChan
    Wyre Wintermute, eepok and Nolrog like this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Conflation is the merging of two or more sets of information, texts, ideas, opinions, etc., into one, often in error.

That's what is happening here. Two things that are unrelated being thought of as being related.

Holly was responsible for things that essentially made the studio profitable had the final word on whether to do things or not though the team as a whole were a big part of those decisions for the game.

Mangler crashing a lot lately is a technical problem, and the server downtimes we had recently are also due to some technical issues, databases not communicating with servers correctly being one part of that.

Holly did a good job while she was here but JChan was pretty much her right hand during that time so is more than up to the task of steering the ship in the right direction, the server issues will eventually be resolved though evidently they are proving difficult to resolve.
    Duder, Wyre Wintermute and eepok like this.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

9. Imukai Augur

Mangler has been crashing for months. I doubt Holly had any oversight over net ops or the actual solutioning / programming of the application. Bringing her back would solve nothing of the current vendor refreshing.
    Wyre Wintermute and Hdizzle like this.
  10. Hdizzle Augur

Jchan made us a NONnoob-box aoc enabled TLP. Finally not a terrible TLP server. Keep Holly away from the place imo.

If you think Jchan is responsible for this zombie of a game not working perfect during a state lockdown maybe you should go lick some door handles in china and test out everything of us. Only you can let us know if its safe again.

Complain about something under her umbrella, like where are mah necro dotsz??

Last post /kill thread
    Duder and CatsPaws like this.
  11. Xeris Augur

If you're losing your mind due to server instability , you should probably seek professional help and maybe stop playing EQ.

You know what I do when the game isn't working ? Something else.
    CatsPaws and Herodotus like this.
  12. Beep Elder

Judging by Holly's Linkedin profile, she had nothing to do with server stability at any time in her career. She crushed it on the Hannah Montana game though.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  13. Password1234 Augur

Do you think that Holly was manually operating the servers? Or was she a load-bearing piece of equipment?
    jeskola and CatsPaws like this.
  14. jeskola pheerie

Holly left and took all the good hamsters with her.
  15. spoopy Journeyman

would an engineer who left Chrysler to work for Tesla leave Tesla to go back to Chrysler?

ROFL what are you smoking?
    Metanis likes this.
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

Like this one?

[IMG]
    jeskola likes this.
  17. Herf Augur

[IMG]
  18. Machen New Member

Holly wasn't manually operating the servers, but possibly JChan was and no longer is...
  19. Overcast451 Augur

With the annoying and constant crashes.. heck, I may just join Holly in WoW Classic. Sure, I like EQ better - but what point of rollbacks is enough to just be done with it?

Couple a month is one thing - but this is like every other day.
  20. Sikkun Augur

I’m more interested in your ideas of how to forcibly make someone work for your company.