Differences between FTP and All Access

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mannhec, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Mannhec Lorekeeper

I have 9 accounts, all of which are paid. I am thinking in today's environment/economy/game status of dropping all but my two mains to FTP. can anyone list the the differences in FTP versus paid? I looked but did not have a lot of luck.
  2. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Mercenaries; if you use them.

As a green ftp, you cant have higher than a t2 non-journeyman, iirc.
    As a Silver ftp, you can use a t5 non-journeyman merc(way better than t2).

I realize the top merc is called J5, but I cant recall what the other type is called? Apprentice?
    T5 means apprentice tier 5.
  3. Dazzler Twodirks Lorekeeper

F2p cannot sell on bazaar.
  4. Buster_Shruggs Augur

As ftp green/silver you cannot use prestige gear , although Ive found there are some prestige type clickies you can still use for the click effect.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Oh, it could use some updating as far as you can't buy bags of currency with loyalty tokens or get some Overseer items if you are Free or Silver. Anyone feel free to update it or if you are not good with editing a wiki you can send me the info.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. Laronk Augur

you can't earn new aa over the ftp aa cap but you get to keep all the aa you did get. In TOV if you have all your aa then you can actually do very as a FTP player in tier 1 gear
    Kedra Leafwalker likes this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

As free you are very limited on what you can do in the Guild Hall if your guild has one. Silver accounts can have full guild hall access/privileges, it's only the regular "free" accounts that don't have access to create/place/decorate/etc. guild halls. So that means you cannot place a free's primary or secondary anchor in the hall. You would have to use a plot somewhere.

You rank II spells will drop to rank I when you go free or silver UNLESS you buy the unlocker in the marketplace

If your account doesn't drop to Silver for any reason but just drops to plain old free then you will not have access to general chat. That is the main reason I would never play all free accounts. Always keep one guy paid to be in general chat.

And the other biggie is the free $5 DBC each month. If you work it right you can buy the Rank II unlocker while your a paid account thus getting the 10% discount and use any DBC you have saved up. Once the unlocker is on the account it will stay evern if you go back and forth between free - paid

Character slots - ugh - buy some more with loyalty tokens if you need them while you can. Free = 2 slots and Silver = 4
  9. Zack New Member

FTP suck. I will not group with a Silver account. They add crap to a group. FTP was ment to let new players see what the game is like.
  10. Buster_Shruggs Augur

I stay All Access via Krono, but will allow an account to go Silver if I'm not using it much.I don't think FTP sucks and I've definitely never refused to group with someone because they're not All Access. Of course, we are all entitled to group with whomever we want. I think FTP can be a definite disadvantage, more so for certain classes than for others. I agree that FTP was meant to help new players, but also returning players to get a feel/reacquainted with the current state of EQ.
  11. Keanea New Member

Because everyone declares their subscription status when lfg... :rolleyes: