Rollback! NO!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Buster_Shruggs, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Buster_Shruggs Augur

:( oh wow that was a big rollback! I wish I hadn't claimed Overseer rewards! Glad the servers are back up though.
  2. Keenween Elder

Yeah, thanks for the rollback DB and the lost quests,time and items, oh and alot hours for "Update" times this week, big thanks
  3. Zunnoab Augur

I don't know what happened or how far it went back, but I remember EverQuest II early on had a patch introduce a quest tracking bug that resulted in them having to roll back over a week. Not that that's consolation to lost time for anyone.
  4. Nadisia Augur

Uh, one week rollback? That hurts ...
  5. svann Augur

edit: nm hard to keep track of where you are in old quests.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So, just hyperbole and EQ2, or can people start looking at how far back they think it was rolled back, so we can collect a few data points?

Or perhaps a dev can just tell us how far it was rolled back? Kick of crappy not to just tell us in the downtime thread.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Which you started when? Last night? Last Friday?
  8. Zunnoab Augur

I am so sorry if I spooked anyone. I'm not able to play yet today so I'm just an observer here. I just remembered that terrible EQ2 one from years ago. I was not saying this is like it.
  9. Hayzeus Augur

You'll know the rollback is bad if either of these two things happen:

1) you see beta requests for a brand new game called EQ2
    2) you see cease and desist orders from Wallmart for overuse of the word rollback
  10. Herf Augur

I know one person who lost a drop for their epic. Feel the joy....
  11. Yara_AB Augur

just that they didn't roll back cash you spend in the shop on items ... *mumble*
    Not enough to justify the time for a ticket though ... but if i had bought something of greater value I would be quite angry now
  12. Firedog New Member

Well EQ...this is messed up. I am collecting my Overseer successes and getting no experience. After four of them I give up. I then look at my experience and it is lower than it was two days ago? Are we going to do another patch? Should I wait another week before logging in again? Please. I just want to play the game. I don't care about spelling of names or what a mob does...stop crashing the game for two days to fix things nobody cares about.
  13. Wiff Elder

I lost about 60-75 minutes of gathering quest items. Then I redid it all and the servers went down again.
    svann and Yara_AB like this.
  14. aiha Saryrn [Bertox]

I lost a dozen extraplanar trade satchels that I made on 4/14 and put in Guild Bank. They were missing after the 4/15 patch so I made 10 more and put them in after the patch after the patch, I also threw in an EOK chase ring that I happened upon in /baz.

After the 4/16 crash and related patch the satchels and ring were gone, so I was in the process of making more and ticketing it when the server came down again. After this patch(patchpatchpatchpatch) I think I'll just leave the guild bank alone for a time... ah who am I kidding, burn me again!
  15. Ueauvan Journeyman

it rolled back to before they came up 1400 bst odd
  16. Duality Augur

I traded some plat and krono around this morning and it rolled back the plat but not the krono xfer (both directions.) Was my accounts so it didn't affect me since the original still had the plat but would be pretty annoying if it was a regular pc to pc trade..
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I got rolled back so hard I spawned in old freeport....:eek:

j/k :p
    Yara_AB and KarmaKitty like this.
  18. Bloodscourge New Member

I am livid. I bought Krono this morning. Sold it for 2m...bought an item for 499999. The Krono is gone, the item is gone, the platinum is gone.....the purchase is still starting me in the face on their history page from this morning. FIX THIS!